SORRY I'M BRAGGING

hippyracer
This post is 3630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Guys

First let me start of by saying a big thank you to all the guys on this forum for the help I've been given regarding previous post, it's very much appreciated.

Anyway...now for the bragging. I have a Yamaha XJ6N with the following mods added to it: R&G Bar End, Evotech Tail Tidy, Evotech Radiator Guard and Evotech Crash Bobbins, Hel Performance Brake Lines, ASV Shorty Clutch and Brake Levers, Genuine Yamaha LED Flashers, Puig Fly Screen, Oberon Racing Foot Pegs, Keis Chicane Heated Grips, Pro Bolt Gold Rear Sprocket Nuts and Gold Pro Bolt Bleed Nipple Dust Covers, I think that's it. When I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Now for my next brag. I recently put a post up regarding a knocking I could feel through my left side foot peg. This turned out to be my chain having a seized link. After phoning a couple of garages for quotes (one quote was just over £200) to supply and fit chain and front and rear sprockets, I decided to take on the task myself. I went ahead and ordered a chain breaking and riveting tool, alpha x ring chain and sprockets. After watching a load of videos on the internet to familiarise myself on how to change a chain and sprockets, I felt confident enough to do the job myself (this is the first time I've ever done anything like this). I have to say, it's not that hard as long as you've got the right tools, take your time and you follow the advice given in the online videos. What I'm trying to say is, if your confident enough....do the job yourself, you'll save quite a few pounds. And remember, if you get stuck there's always someone out there who can help you. Remember this is my own opinion only. Obviously, if you don't feel confident, take your bike to an experienced mechanic and let them do it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done another budding mechanic, even the small jobs can give you confidence, not that changing both sprockets and chain is a small job, the more you do the better you get and as you say think of the money saved.

Well done Hippy, give yourself a pat on the back. Nothing like a job well done especially when you've done it yourself.

• 2 months later...

Joe.b I have fitted some renthal braced bars to mine if I can be of any help just let me know

• Like 1

Hello Guys

First let me start of by saying a big thank you to all the guys on this forum for the help I've been given regarding previous post, it's very much appreciated.

Anyway...now for the bragging. I have a Yamaha XJ6N with the following mods added to it: R&G Bar End, Evotech Tail Tidy, Evotech Radiator Guard and Evotech Crash Bobbins, Hel Performance Brake Lines, ASV Shorty Clutch and Brake Levers, Genuine Yamaha LED Flashers, Puig Fly Screen, Oberon Racing Foot Pegs, Keis Chicane Heated Grips, Pro Bolt Gold Rear Sprocket Nuts and Gold Pro Bolt Bleed Nipple Dust Covers, I think that's it. When I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Now for my next brag. I recently put a post up regarding a knocking I could feel through my left side foot peg. This turned out to be my chain having a seized link. After phoning a couple of garages for quotes (one quote was just over £200) to supply and fit chain and front and rear sprockets, I decided to take on the task myself. I went ahead and ordered a chain breaking and riveting tool, alpha x ring chain and sprockets. After watching a load of videos on the internet to familiarise myself on how to change a chain and sprockets, I felt confident enough to do the job myself (this is the first time I've ever done anything like this). I have to say, it's not that hard as long as you've got the right tools, take your time and you follow the advice given in the online videos. What I'm trying to say is, if your confident enough....do the job yourself, you'll save quite a few pounds. And remember, if you get stuck there's always someone out there who can help you. Remember this is my own opinion only. Obviously, if you don't feel confident, take your bike to an experienced mechanic and let them do it.

Grouch if your still out there, the last bit is for you :biglaugha: sorry I couldn't resist

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online