Another bike on the horizon

welshwan
This post is 3765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nice clean bike, will be great winter hack to save your husky from the winter crap on the roads, on the retro thing I disagree, think it looks futuristic as in a power ranger would not look out of place on it, full white leathers and helmet, Pictures please :spin2::spin2:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice score for 840 and well that insurance is cheap my ins.co wants 700 for the 250 :crazy: . But realy its got the same problem as it's not realy a road bike,oil changes valve adjusts top end rebuilds every 1000 kms just makes it unpractical. No doubt I would incure lots of tickets on it anyway if I were to ride it on the street,wheelies ,whellies stoppie's. I think it's better to have 2 bikes 1 to get around on and 1 to giver shit on.

I've never known anyone who owned 1 of the 650 suzui's but heard they are bulit proof,not rocket ships but go anywhere dependibility,with the rack on the back and some side boxes should be able to carry a weeks worth o camping gear easy. As you said not out to impress just get the job done so some aloy square boxes would look at home on it.

The top half of the farring almost looks like they stole it from the fj 1100. does it not have e start as well? Or just the kicker?

Just googled honda dominater - they look very similar and even closer specs! - how was it?

.............It was a great looking bike, I bought that one new. The exhaust used to get rusty though, it had two silencers one either side, they looked great but werent practical, heavy and high maintenance carbon steel (not stainless). Also it was a bit long legged in rush hour traffic crawls so need clutch slipping, anyway I traded it in for my first bandit. Now I have a TT600RE and thats a better bike IMO...just more fun :)

Never seen a DR with a fairing like that. very cool. Reminded me straight off, of a CCM RS

1081_zps128e7e41.jpg

CCM use the same 650 engine for some of their bikes don't they?

Yep husky is a fucking beast, had it over 85 on dirt tires! don't expect the same from the honda, as long as it can keep at 60 i'm more then happy.

the husky only takes a fairly small amount of oil and does not have a 'real' oil filter...really not made to be rode about all day, everyday. take it on a fast dirt track, the woods or over the mountains and you'll have the ride of your life, but certainly not a mile cruncher.

Picking up on sunday, hopefully sort insurance monday morning and take her for a spin. I'll let you all know how it goes!

not sure what the gearing is like on this, can't wait to try it out!

Going to be using this for strictly road riding, when i get it i'll take note of the tire sizes and see if there are tires to fit that are more road ones then the half and halfs. will use these up first though!

CCM looks pretty damn tidy. Anyone know if they are a good brand? seen a few on ebay but don't know anyone that has owned one.

I had noticed the TTR in your list of bikes a while ago, have you got any pictures? they look great fun, but a fair bit out of my budget.

CCM 404's are good bikes, suzuki drz400 engine in a lighter frame with a bigger carb, white power suspension and brembo brakes. You can pick them up cheaper than a drz too.

Their other models are good too, apparently you have to be careful what year they were made in though, as build quality varied with some changes in ownership.

They're based in the UK too!

CCM 404's are good bikes, suzuki drz400 engine in a lighter frame with a bigger carb, white power suspension and brembo brakes. You can pick them up cheaper than a drz too.

Their other models are good too, apparently you have to be careful what year they were made in though, as build quality varied with some changes in ownership.

They're based in the UK too!

made in Bolton! about 1/2 mile from Kev :eusa_shifty:

Only messing with ya matey :spin2:

Well the bike is here. Picked it up in a transit from chorley this afternoon.

When i got it home i tried and tried to start it, even tried a couple of bumpstarts down the hill outside my house - NO LUCK

Quick look on youtube, and there is a video showing you just how to start it. did as the video said and it started first time!

Not been for a ride yet, but on first impressions the seat height is LOADS lower then the husky (just as well for a shortass like my self :eusa_whistle: ). angle of the forks is noticeably different, huge metal tank.

Hopefully put the insurance through in the morning and go for a spin. :hyper:

Great stuff. I had a SLR650 a while ago. Great thumper but ran out of puff at about 70 and anything above that buffered me too much. I think it had a 100mm piston, or thereabouts, in it so 4 inches across in old money.

big old monsterbikes! :jossun: no wonder they are relatively low revving things! POWER

was about to make a cock joke- but i thought better of it! :eusa_whistle:

It's fucking pissing it down here today so i don't think i can be arsed going out in this lol

i'll go out tomorrow, even if it's snowing!

I was watching a blue one on ebay as well, but it got to like 24 hours left and it was ended. guess the guy was hoping for more?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online