Really frustrated at running engine in

Grouch
This post is 3758 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

By prolonging the full revs IMO you are not setting the ring land/wear in the bore of the cylinder high. and possibly could have a top ring clip the edge that gets created in the cylinder when you do rev the crap outa it.

I remember old race guys saying this wen we were young" And if you bought an old womans car, it usually blew up when thrashed,,

:eusa_shifty:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So you have built a few motors in your day how do you like to run them in?

Just ride em, just stay away from wot or extreem low rev high gear.

Did the same with our car, thats at over 140000mls now with nothing much.

i`m not sure about this but I think you can lose the guarantee if you don`t have the stamp with the services done during the guarantee period. and NO, they don`t change just the oil. they check almost everything.

and don`t be lazy. forcing a new bike is like raping a virgin. she will pay all life for this. do you really want rape your virgin? :)) a new engine have lot of shit inside, is not perfect. to be perfect he need time.

• Like 1

Guess I say bring on the virgins as I have never run anything in bar avoiding WOT.

Up to 400 miles :) I want to have a full Yamaha dealer service history so I can get max price for bike when I sell her. Who knows though, may end up keeping her.

Just drop the oil and giver then 400 miles at 2000 rpm the OPS has to be broken in by now,have it done at the yam dealer if you like realy matters not,,, but then if it blows up your covered for sure.

Honestly though a motor will normaly run for 100 kms or less and die if not assembled corectly,if it make 100 kms then thrash the piss out of it before warenty runs out.

Resale wont matter a dam bit. to anyone who knows bikes, just cause the name on the service bill say's yam dont mean crap to me. The things I have seen in dealerships would scar you for life from ever wanting a new anything.

Just drop the oil and giver then 400 miles at 2000 rpm the OPS has to be broken in by now,have it done at the yam dealer if you like realy matters not,,, but then if it blows up your covered for sure.

Honestly though a motor will normaly run for 100 kms or less and die if not assembled corectly,if it make 100 kms then thrash the piss out of it before warenty runs out.

Resale wont matter a dam bit. to anyone who knows bikes, just cause the name on the service bill say's yam dont mean crap to me. The things I have seen in dealerships would scar you for life from ever wanting a new anything.

I know often dealers are worse than these back street cowboys. I just want the bike to have the official Yamaha stamp in its warranty book so I don't void my warranty and it will increase the sell on value of the bike when I sell it in a few years.