SORN....What's the deal?

Grouch
This post is 3780 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys got a letter saying I had to declare my XT off the road and post my tax disc back to the DVLA. I then noticed the letter was sent from ASKMID and not the DVLA. Do I just wait until I heR from the DVLA or sorn it ASAP? I've never done this before so all advice appreciated. Thanks :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have presumably transferred your insurance over to your new bike so in line with regulations regarding continuous insurance, if a vehicle has no insurance in place it must be SORNed. You can do it online mate

Grouch, go to DVLA on the net then go to vehicle tax and then click on the SORN button, follow the on screen prompts and your done, should take 2/3 minutes and that's it, you DO NOT have to send your tax disk back, never heard of that before, if it has time to run on it go to your local Post office and cash it in.

Theres also a warning on the http://www.askmid.com/ website stating people getting contacted by them as part of a scam!

Aha! So the scum cunt$ are trying to get people to post their tax discs so they can cash them in. Ffs what a shit society we live in.

Aha! So the scum cunt$ are trying to get people to post their tax discs so they can cash them in. Ffs what a shit society we live in.

Aye, the move to the "cashless society" forced uon us by governments has oened myirad oortunities for crooks. it was suosed to reduce remove the risk of eole losing their money, but far more is lost now to criminal activity than was ever lost whewe were aid in cash

Also, the banks get hold of your money quicker, and hang on to it longer, so they can gamble it away in much larger quantities

Aye, the move to the "cashless society" forced uon us by governments has oened myirad oortunities for crooks. it was suosed to reduce remove the risk of eole losing their money, but far more is lost now to criminal activity than was ever lost whewe were aid in cash

Also, the banks get hold of your money quicker, and hang on to it longer, so they can gamble it away in much larger quantities

Sorry chas, looks like I've lost my (lease fill in the blank)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online