help needed please oils gone grey

madrevs
This post is 3814 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If your oil contains Mobylene (spelling?) then chances are its the oil that is making it slip, ideally it needs to be a MOTROBIKE SPECIFIC oil, most regular oils are designed for a dry clutch system such as that you will find in cars, motorcycle clutches are of the wet plate type and will slip if used with a non-specific oil type.

Make 100% sure that your oil is certified for motorcycle use, my DT used to slip when i filled it with Castrol car oil.

• Like 1

Plates my be contaminated with all the crap oils ,, giv it 1 more change .if still slipping then it a strip job,,, be interesting to see if this castrol is now gray,,, :eusa_think:

The book says 10w30 but I always put in 10w40

Have you tried adjusting cable up at handle bars.

Crikey. Doom and gloom prevail. Of course old oil in a 2stroke can go grey, its sparkly oil you worry over.Most likely condensation over time and short runs. Maybe a weepy waterpump seal. But that is worst case.

Wouldnt worry me any unless the new stuff goes off quick.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online