My troubles are over. Finally I get what I deserve!

Grouch
This post is 3811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

For some reason I thought I would have to take the bike for its first services to the place I bought it and they would be free. Obviously I can take it to be serviced anywhere and will have to pay.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

at first service they change the oil... just this. this is at 500-600 miles, because the engine is new and some metal particles can damage your engine. my advice is to not force your engine until 1000 miles, stay calm, ride slowly :P

For some reason I thought I would have to take the bike for its first services to the place I bought it and they would be free. Obviously I can take it to be serviced anywhere and will have to pay.

So much fun being monitered.

Grouch fun much so ru

So I need to run the engine in for a 1000 miles? Fuck taking it to a dealer to be serviced, I can change the oil myself. They will probably put the cheapest shittest oil going in it.

What's the best way to run a bike in? There are two methods from what I can find. The nice and gentle way or the aggressive hard way?

Every engine is different Grouch, it'll be detailed in your service manual once you pick it up. My Tiger for example had a phased run-in when the maximum number of revs increased incrementally over the 1st 1000 miles.

Your first service will be cheaper because it's covered in the sale of the bike. Think my YBR cost me about a tenner. They don't just change the oil, they give it a general once over, checking a few other points.

If you're looking at selling the bike in the future, just swallow the small cost and take it to the dealer so it has a nice full service history. Will help a lot when it comes to selling a 125 in this market.

I'm also assuming you purchased this bike from an authorised Yammy dealer? In which case they'll put good quality oil in it so again, don't worry about that.

Got my reg today, really excited now.

Bippo which model Tiger do you have? I really like the 800 XC models. They are really nice bikes.

Yeah I will be making sure it gets it's FSH. No point in skimping on a brand new machine.

Sweet, not long for you to wait now! Get that insurance sorted pronto now you have the reg so you don't delay collection from your end. Bet you can't wait.

I just have the standard Tiger 800, so not the XC model. That one is too tall me, plus the additional cost seems a tad pointless to justify when I personally won't be going off-road.

I've taken mine down some light trails with luggage and it handled more than well enough for me!

I saw one at Squires and liked them ever since. They're a lot nicer than the BMW's to look at. I'm going to get it insured now, hopefully I can find a cheaper quote than £1500 I got last time.

Groucho, you need to look in the owners manwell for running in scenario

I think you would be well advised to clarify with the seller regarding servicing, taking it elsewhere and/or doing it yourself :eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think: may invlaidate the warranty

Be careful

Groucho if you dont take it to a authorised service center to have the documents to prove it's ben serviced you loose your warrenty,at first service they..well are supossed to.. check every nut and bolt,re set the steering head bearings ,adjust/ check valves clearences ect ..its not just a oil change,and if you bought it from a reptuable company then they will put the most expensive oil in.

Realy wish you had asked about how to buy a new bike lots of tips I /we could have given you so you got the best deal.

As far as breaking in the new motor just run it light,no hammering the throttle wfo in first to 6th,but dont be afarid to run it to red line now and then under light throttle if it breaks then it was ment to and you have warrenty,as long as you follow the rules ie get it serviced by the dealer so much easier to make a claim if needed a few bucks now could save you tons later

I'm not going to start interfering with it myself. I will be taking it to a Yamaha dealer to be serviced. The last thing I'm going to do is start carrying out DIY work. All I have to do is sit back and relax and use the warranty. I'm going to be reading in detail the manual and doing every step and procedure by the book. There's no way I'm going to go through what I did with the XT.

Thanks DT I'm sure I will be fine. I am really pleased with the deal I got on the bike. I did my research and found the cheapest price going. I've never had a new machine before so I just want to make sure I run it in right etc.

Realy Grouch I hope all goes well for you,if anyone desreves it your in the line of people.

Selling the XT might pose a problem though :eusa_whistle: I might know/heard of that bike" U know what hell it put him through

Realy Grouch I hope all goes well for you,if anyone desreves it your in the line of people.

Selling the XT might pose a problem though :eusa_whistle: I might know/heard of that bike" U know what hell it put him through

Cheers mate

Give ya £50 for you XT :eusa_whistle:

Sounds like things are coming up Grouch now mate, when is the big day again for picking up the bike? you may have already said but i just got into work and not had my cuppa tea and cant be fooked right now ha ha