tinted visor

up.yours
This post is 3853 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i always thought you could use a tinted visor (up to 50% tint?) when it's light outside , but not in the dark.

and i think mirrored ones are 100% illegal

I've always been told the same. Tinted visors are OK in daylight but irridium visors are for track use only.

I see the section saying 50%. Light.

But how would Joe public measure this.

As long as I have the british kite mark on it would I be safe to use one.

I see the section saying 50%. Light.

But how would Joe public measure this.

As long as I have the british kite mark on it would I be safe to use one.

Joe public doesn't have to. I could be wrong but my understanding is that it can't have a road use kite mark if the tint is too dark. It may have a race mark.

Police have little devices which can measure the tint at the roadside, they use them for mainly boy racer window tints but they could/do also use them for visors.

Maybe the wrong time of the year to get a dark tinted visor although the low sun in the mornings or evenings can make riding difficult. Not surprising then that those jet fighter style secondary visors are so popular on some lids, they can be flicked up or down and don't affect the clear main visors.

That's the type I have. Bought it from eBay. Not heard of the make before - ROCC. The alleged RRP was £90, but the slider is stiff so were being knocked out at £30. As far as I'm concerned the helmet is comfortable, construction is similar to others, maybe not same material for the outer skin. Obviously I hope never to be able to comment on its ability to protect my head but kite marks are there! To buy a helmet with the jet pilot style function for that price albeit with a little stiffness in the morning is ok with me!

I think the seller was Ghostbikes_uk

A little "stiffness" in the morning is always welcome Andrew! :eusa_whistle:

• Like 2

Ghostbikes do some good deals. There are often discount codes available too. I haven't posted any for a while but keep an eye out in the members discount area.

• Like 1

I just added a current 5% discount code in the paid members section for Ghostbikes. It may not apply to everything but you can test it before you buy in the checkout. Not sure when it runs out.

I've always ridden with a fully tinted visor and have had no issues from the policemen and women, thats not to say there could be a first time.....

I havent worked and ridden in the dark yet so will probably carry the clear one with me (that is when i eventually get my own bike back)

i looked at the airoh pit one , i quite liked the no fuss air intakes.

this also had the pilot style drop down visor..

then ? the shark bit me,, i already own the rsr2 , but this is for best ,

i wanted a new work helmet, so i have ordered the shark s600 , but i would like to fit a dark visor as i live up a big hill and the sun is in your eyes wherever you go..

Kev,, just close your eyes till your at top of hill.

tellin ya,,,,, it works

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online