whats your top 5 best songs ever?

Noise
This post is 3930 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My top 5 Stones tracks would be :

Gimme Shelter

Can't You Hear Me Knockin

Shine a Light

Sympathy for the Devil

Sister Morphine.

According to my iTunes these are my 5 most played tracks in order:

Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac

Ventilator Blues - Rolling Stones

Fortunate Son - CCR

Paranoid - Gus Black

I Wanna Be Adored - Stone Roses

I've got to get me one of them there vinyl convertors, got a cupboard full and nowt to play them on

Anybody done theirs, what kit did you use?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was there mate, about 8 people from the front, absolutely incredible!

Brill, did you see my daughter?

No particular order either.....

Marc Bolan Trex - Get it on BRILL, as is all of T.REX.

Eddie cochran- C'mon Everybody Even Brillier, did you know his car crashed in Chippenham leading to his death and the first policeman at the scene was Dave Dee from DaveDee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch.

Buddy Holly- Rave On - Great

Squeeze - Goodbye Girl - Don't know of it.

Madonna- True Blue - again don't know it.

My top 5 Stones tracks would be :

Gimme Shelter

Can't You Hear Me Knockin

Shine a Light

Sympathy for the Devil

Sister Morphine.

According to my iTunes these are my 5 most played tracks in order:

Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac

Ventilator Blues - Rolling Stones

Fortunate Son - CCR

Paranoid - Gus Black

I Wanna Be Adored - Stone Roses

My top ITunes most played are

Jimi Hendrix - All along the watchtower

The Kinks - All day and all of the night

The Kinks - You really got me

The kinks - Waterloo sunset

Jimi Hendrix - Purple haze

Brill, did you see my daughter?

I have no idea!

I've got to get me one of them there vinyl convertors, got a cupboard full and nowt to play them on

Luckily I can plug mine straight into my computer, then there's plenty of free software to copy it.

The one I use is called 'audacity' definitely free for Macs, and I'm pretty sure it's free on Windows too.

My top ITunes most played are

Jimi Hendrix - All along the watchtower

The Kinks - All day and all of the night

The Kinks - You really got me

The kinks - Waterloo sunset

Jimi Hendrix - Purple haze

My top 5 isn't really a fair representation as there's no Hendrix, Zeppelin or the Clash on there, and they're probably my 3 favourite bands.

I suppose a lot of favorite songs are triggered by memories.

Jimi Hendrix - All along the watchtower When I was in the RN in the 60/70's

The Kinks - All day and all of the night When I was in my last year at school 1964

The Kinks - You really got me When I was in my last year at school 1964

The kinks - Waterloo sunset When I was in the RN based in Chatham in the 60's

Jimi Hendrix - Purple haze When I was best man at my mates wedding 1974?

Although one of the best wedding songs as the bride was walking up the aisle during my mates wedding in the RN in the 70's was.

"Whiter shade of pale" by Procol Harum

For me it's what I grew up with, and then carried on listening to because everything in the charts is shite.

ELO mr blue skies (always chears me up)

Queen who wants to live forever

Paint it black stones

Most marvin gaye but whats going on

Frankie sinatra come fly with me

Spose it all depends on my mood as some days I love 30 seconds to mars, where others im in a linkin park mood

By the above are definitely up there :-)

Obviously age and the the decade comes into it. My last year at school was 1964 and I remember while doing my grocery bike round about this time of year, all the bedroom windows were open to let the air in and all I could hear was this song "she loves you" by the Beetles and "my boy lollipop" by Millie.

In the school library the teachers said "How can you listen to that rubbish?"

That is why when my kids(who have fled the nest by the way) play their music and I think "How can you listen to that rubbish?" I tend to understand why they like their music and not mine.

Albeit my daughter does like my kind of music, i.e. The Stones and Jimi Hendrix.

I definitely agree with you Mike, but I was bought up in a family with eclectic tastes in music, anything from motown to hard rock to classical. My kids have to suffer my blaring of music (although my eldest daughter takes after me and has a good rocking out) so I in turn have to suffer there "tutt". The only limitations I have is...no one direction...unless theyre being shot that is :yeah:

I'm 24, and don't listen to anything like people my age do.

Bit of a weirdo like that lol

Not a weirdo matey...I bet half ur mates listen to stuff you would be surprised about (esp if its stuff like power ballads) be proud...ride proud...thats my motto...other than win the lotto that is :)

Haha some of my friends have a very questionable taste in music!

Hehehehe...me too brother

:)

Took a normal record player.

Plugged a phono (ye olde headphones jack size) adapter into the headphones socket.

Plugged a male-to-male 3.5mm (modern earphones jack size) audio lead* into the adapter

Plugged the other end of the audio lead into the mic input jack of the PC.

Stick record on, record on PC, save as MP3 file.

Job done.

*3.5mm male-to-male audio lead is found at any decent PC shop (including PC World) for a couple quid and often comes with any PC monitor that has it's own speakers.

Took a normal record player.

Plugged a phono (ye olde headphones jack size) adapter into the headphones socket.

Plugged a male-to-male 3.5mm (modern earphones jack size) audio lead* into the adapter

Plugged the other end of the audio lead into the mic input jack of the PC.

Stick record on, record on PC, save as MP3 file.

Job done.

*3.5mm male-to-male audio lead is found at any decent PC shop (including PC World) for a couple quid and often comes with any PC monitor that has it's own speakers.

Exactly what I did!

Im a massive cradle of filth fan but im sure you golden oldies ears cant handle any of that.

But if you "you tube" cradle of filth temptation or stay, then um sure you may like their covers of those two good songs

Cradle of Filth are good but this 'Golden Oldie' prefers System of a Down. BYOB is my favourite.

System of a down...all I have to say is good taste my friend :-) gonna have to download cradle of filth to give an educated comment :)

Finnerz...one of my best mates is an accountant in canary wharf london...yet is a death metaler (and drum and base dj) with a harley sportster...defo split personality going on there :)