Isle Of Man TT 2014 24th May - 7 June

This post is 3817 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

yes I know this years TT hasn't started yet but after a bit of interest shown on another thread I thought I'd post this here to see if anyone else fancied it for next year. race week starts 30th may.

You would have to book early if your taking your bike,

I booked in Jan for this year just for start of practice week and had to sail from Heysham co's Liverpool was booked solid

I'm definitely going, may only be another long weekend, hopfully longer will have to wait and see

saw a campsite that looked ideal while I was there

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=5086

cost me about £150 for 2 adults + the bike return on ferry

camping is about £10 per night per person

anyone interested add your comments below, the more the merrier :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:buzz:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I quite fancy it too, :yeah: Will ask my mate derek tommorrow, ...

I'd be really interested in this, would be a great laugh.

That's as long as you don't mind a Tiger in the herd... I could always put mock Yammy stickers on it!!

Count me in!!!!!!!!

Got to talk to SWMBO but me and a mate would be interested, he can keep Bippo company as he has a Thunderbird :banghead: They can ride at the back!!! (sorry Bips)

At least I won't be on my own Slice!!

There's a decent free smart phone app called IOMTT, gives some pretty useful info on the course, campsites, rider results, etc

• 4 months later...

Gutted just spent the last hour on the steampacket website and can't find a sailing for the TT next year, tried to book for 2 adults + bike

from Liverpool, birkenhead & Haysham all sold out I'll try give them a ring tomorrow see if they can sort something, any Idea's anyone ?

if anyone going with a big van let me know I was talking to a guy there last year who takes 6 bikes over for people and it pays his sailing, I think you can still book as a foot passenger

I wonder if they release dates in January. It happened when we wanted to go to the North west 200.

I still want to go but if there is no room then it seems it might be a good idea to go, not this year, but the next? that would be 2015. Seems the only alternative unless you want to go as a foot passenger. A bit pointless!!!

I really wanted to take the bike. :shakeno:

they don't do van bookings online you have to phone book it, this year when I went there was still plenty of room for vans if anyone has a large van we could all chip in and go as foot passengers might even work out cheeper and would be a handy base at the campsite

need a good size van to get about six bikes in though

there's always the MANX GP end of August!

Am booked for the manx GP,,,, 3 of us from oop north ,,, :elephant:

25-29 aug is that right before I book ?

edit I think it starts 26th but thought I'd go a day early

Let me know what ferry you get tommy and I'll book mine too :)