Another Day at the Office

jimmy
This post is 3996 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well it was a nice day up here, so I took the bike to work, 1200hrs start as opposed to the usual 0600hrs.

010-1_zpsb95b5349.jpg

Then into work, chained to a desk

012-3_zpse335e17d.jpg

014_zps96efbfd8.jpg

And finally the trip home, 2000hrs instead of 1800hrs

021_zpsbf0a2475.jpg

Then got told to Moooove along......sorry

022-1_zpsd63e640b.jpg

• Like 6

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers Tommy, but dont envy me mate, we only get about 3 good days a year up here, the rest of the time its frigging pissing wet and frozen

James, what can I say, but you must have one of the best jobs in the world.

I can only better that by when we were going up Gare Loch to Fazzers after a three day trip from Gosport and when we got there we went to the dining room to get our din-dins, on a table in the dining room there was a whole fresh salmon for us to help ourselves to.

Also my one and only claim to fame is that in the NAFFI bar the barmaid that served me was a friend of Lulu's sister, how cool is that?

Cheers Tommy, but dont envy me mate, we only get about 3 good days a year up here, the rest of the time its frigging pissing wet and frozen

you're just trying to make me feel better, I have a sister live's in oban I've had some wonderful trips up their, usually touch lucky with the weather, lived their myself for a short while in the early 80s would love to move back again someday. planning a trip up in the summer but not fixed a date yet.

Nice day Jimmy , Hugh on the RD forum was ging to run from Ayr up to fort william then back to Oban today he said , but tis pissing down so he cancelled that

Jimmy, that one day a year makes it all worth while plus thinking about all those muppets in their offices looking out at it must make this a grin factor 10 day. :jossun:

Jimmy, I see you got the blues but have you got the twos?

Yip, there they're there, bottom left. You can also preprogram them with a message, such as "Police Stop". My mate loaded it with an AC/DC song and battered down the clyde with "Hells Bells" blaring. The gaffers weren't happy but he got away with it as we were just testing it out at the time.

011-3_zps6ef1e48e.jpg

Oh brilliant Jimmy, that brought back some memories for me. I used to be a diving instructor and we had a few trips up to the West coast. One of the best times up there was taking our club RIB from the mainland to Tobermory where we stayed for a week and dived around the island. Our trip over was as smooth as silk and the sea was like a mill pond. (I actually fell asleep between the tubes) Different ride on the way home though as it was horizontal hail! also spent a lot of time on the isle of Mull at the university diving station. Ah the good old days. I certainly envy you up there....and as for the bike....WOW!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online