Cheap tyres

Grouch
This post is 4067 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just had a new tyre fitted, a vee rubber that cost about £45. Straight away I noticed the difference from my BT 45. I don't feel safe on it and my confidence has dropped massively going round corners.

I didn't want a cheap shitty tyre fitting. It's going to have to come off.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Get rid of it mate... the old saying "that little piece of rubber is what connects us to the road" is never more valuable then now. Hate to say it but best stick to the well known tried and trusted makes. Especially in this country when we spend more time on wet roads then dry.

Stick the cheapo on fleabay and try recoup some money..

I'm sure you can get a good make/model for about £55/60 if you search on the net.

i once had a new bike that had some russian type tyre fitted , hard compound would have lasted for ever.

anyway my mate who loved and cared about me advised i binned them and put some avons on instead as the ruski tyres were teflon coated, ie non stick in the wet, i ignored him :crazy: and fell off in the wet on a corner :eusa_doh:

I bought a 86 fz 600 had a cheap kenda rear tire fitted for mto by previ owner,first day I had the bike I found out what flat tracking on pavment was like SCARY when your not expecting it,luckly ther were no on comming cars as i was using the whole road.Went straight to the tire shop and changed it out for a metzler.Them cheap tires are responsible for more crashes,they should have warning labels"DO NOT TRY TO TURN STRAIGHT LINE USE ONLY" or better yet not for road use ,only show.

Heidenau apparently are a good budget german tyre, Avon is better value than Bridgestone and just a good a tyre, I like metzlers i have em on the TDR , If you can find IRC they are a good reasonably price tyre, they used to be Inoue in the seventies and where as crap as Bridgestone and Yokohama where then but have come on like them but not got the price hikes

I got kenda tyres on the tracker and they perform surprisingly well.

I love me BT45 though I used to run Metzlers on the KH and they lasted about 3k miles, mind you I was in Devon and spent most of the journey at 45' + angles on the coast roads.

There a decent road tyre pal not really enduro as they state they are but on the road they have some decent grip.

I had the matching front tyre but I didn't rate it at all so it in the bin.

Everyone has there choice of tyre I can't say its better than your choice but they have good reviews and at £15 rather than £55 its a steal but money is money

Your call dude, do some reading up

Ken

"DO NOT TRY TO TURN, STRAIGHT LINE USE ONLY

Be ok on Harley"s then,,, :babyha:

• Like 2

I work for Michelin, guess that'll be my choice if i can get the correct size for a 30 year old bike.

If not, get them to make one...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online