Kawasaki GPz 750 R Problem

davie6711
This post is 4049 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Drewpy,

That's just a line in ma table!

The hole in the diaphragm seems to be much smaller than the gap between the two plastic parts in the slide. One of the guys at my work was wondering if the slide actually came apart to allow easy fitting of the diaphragm???

Blackhat, I think that must be the way forward so i'll give that a go tomorrow and if it tears then so be it!

Thanks again all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well davie , how "d it go ? i see the join in the table :babyha: , you plonker dr :hah: ewps,,,

Well davie , how "d it go ? i see the join in the table :babyha: , you plonker dr :hah: ewps,,,

cheap scotts pine tables :eusa_whistle::razz:

smear some vaseline on both the parts Davie, you know it works wonders when things are a bit tight ;)

that's how you get in your old leathers Paul :eusa_shifty:

Right Here we are now,

Tools required.............

IMG_1708_zpsfeb34809.jpg

End result!!!! Woo Hoo!

IMG_1707_zps60697087.jpg

The diaphragm is not quite seated exactly. Does this matter?

Really proud of myself. Shows what you can do if you take it by the balls.

Davie.

Although not used to vacuum carbs, I would imagine the diaphragms need to sit properly in order to get am effective seal for the vacuum....

Well done davie" whats in the glass Ardbeg" :facelick: oh what do you mean not proper seated , looks ok,,, them are the same carbs as my illiminator, ZL900, see how the breathers are all top mounted, same as fuel inlets,

Aye " and air screws are on bottom side, so adjust to book settings before intalling,, :icon_wink:

Hey Blackhat,

In the glass is the brace fluid, Scapa, the Orcadian. Believe me it helps!!!!!!!

O shit....what do you mean air screws? On the bottom there are screws which i presume are drain screws. They are horsed up to the max, the way I got them......

Help!

Davie, going to get more Scapa!

Davie," heres some spec , The Pilot Air screw is what i mean, 2 1/8 turns out, ,Access to them is below,...

Make - Keihin/CVK 32

Main jet- 125

Air jet- 130

Jet needle- N27N

Pilot jet- 35

pilot air jet- 125

Pllot Screw - 2 1/8 Turns out

Float height - 17mm

Hi Blackhat,

Thanks for the reply....and here was me congratulating myself getting the things back together and now you're telling me that there's more to it than that!

Feck, feck feck!

On the bottom of each float bowl is a screw which has a rubber seal and ends in a needle shape. Are you telling me that i should turn it back a bit?

Davie.

Yeh " turn carbs up , and screw should be in a deep well, [ sometimes a plug needs to be removed to see them , ] located at front side of bowl, [ not bowl itself,] screw them fully home , then turn them, out 2 &/18 turns, :thumb:

Look a diagram , pilot screw, [ in small box to left] thers a rubbers stopper, then screw, ]

http://cdn.cheapcycleparts.com/images/KA/61790.png

Yeh " turn carbs up , and screw should be in a deep well, [ sometimes a plug needs to be removed to see them , ] located at front side of bowl, [ not bowl itself,] screw them fully home , then turn them, out 2 &/18 turns, :thumb:

Look a diagram , pilot screw, [ in small box to left] thers a rubbers stopper, then screw, ]

http://cdn.cheapcycleparts.com/images/KA/61790.png

see screw 16014 Davie, when you screw them fully home...Thats a gentle fully home mate...no force ;)

Heres another usefull page, to tune carb after removing airbox, , My ZL900 ws overich when i got it, [black sooty exhausts,] i removed air filtre , and a massive improvement , took carbs off to set float level, and checked the pilot screws, 4 turns out, [ that richens these carbs,] set them back to 2&1/8. and problem solved,,, ..read this page,,

http://bikeadvice.in/fit-kn-filter-rejet-carburetor/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online