RD350R - caught speeding at 122.5mph?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4154 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

now i dont know much about these bikes, so would someone please enlighten me :

was looking at this website http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Accused_Home/SpeedVSFines/SpeedVSFines.htm

if you scroll down about a quarter of the way you will see "uk Prosecution Examples" and when looking at the types of vehicles came across the rd350r,

that seems fast for a 350?

whats the top speed of them ? i want one .. . . haha

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1993 RD350R "estimated" at 120mph. Several I know have exceeded this without mods, including a couple I know well enough to believe. Extra mods can get you even more, supposedly.

sounds like a beast of a machine ! there was a suzuki RGV250k doing over 100 aswell, im lucky if my xj600n does that ! haha

A good one will do it. Not for long though.

The TZR can better that by 10mph and the v and reverse cylinder bikes can do a bit more still with the full potato homogolation bikes good for more on that.

Yeh matt" for little CC"s , the twostroke engine punches above its weight, howz about The KR1s , 250cc 60bhp, [ thats 240bhp per litre ] top whack 137mph, i rode one 2 years ago, it sounds like a moto Gp 250, awsome,,,

hers my mate in 1986 ,,, on the fastest 2 stroke LC 500 ,,,

388298_293003337414407_100001142289979_808106_1108354345_n-1.jpg

i think im goign to keeep my eye out for one of these,

sounds like there fun, think my Xj's getting a bit tired so its time for something new soon!

Yeh matt" for little CC"s , the twostroke engine punches above its weight, howz about The KR1s , 250cc 60bhp, [ thats 240bhp per litre ] top whack 137mph, i rode one 2 years ago, it sounds like a moto Gp 250, awsome,,,

hers my mate in 1986 ,,, on the fastest 2 stroke LC 500 ,,,

388298_293003337414407_100001142289979_808106_1108354345_n-1.jpg

must be the 1980`s

SPOT THE WHITE SOCKS

terry towelling or tube socks :jossun:

I've only ever taken my standard 350 up to just over 100 but know it had more in it and as I say thats standard. Just have a look through Classic Motorcycle mechanics sometime and you'll see the modded ones. They are around 58bhp standard and once stan stephens has stage 3 tuned it, some upgraded carbs fitted and some tarty pipes, I'm sure 122mph isnt a problem. They claimed 120 top speed standard after all.

My dream is to own an rd500. It will happen one day!

• 4 weeks later...

as 2 stroke fans will know RD's of any engine size go for phone number money now... a really top notch 500LC getting oin for £6000 and a really good 350LC about 3000... As Blackhat will confirm theres a lot of the lads on the 2 stroke forum have LC's as well as the race rep TZR, RGV, NSR etc and Garry building his RGV500 V4... you best get saving fella :D

...Can anyone find me one to restore?

+1 :)

as 2 stroke fans will know RD's of any engine size go for phone number money now... a really top notch 500LC getting oin for £6000 and a really good 350LC about 3000... As Blackhat will confirm theres a lot of the lads on the 2 stroke forum have LC's as well as the race rep TZR, RGV, NSR etc and Garry building his RGV500 V4... you best get saving fella :D

Eh hem..... And where is the TDR in that list. You have all the dainty racers but foget the Vinny Jones of 2 strokes......

No cheaper though. Minters are fetching 3500 now.. Sack of spanners with an mot can be a grand.

id like a tzr. friend of mine had one years ago. fast little thing that was.

i remember it with the faring off i had never seen a frame like that before at the time. things like that stick in your memory.

An early crank killer (had one of those belive me its true) F1 with the bikini fairing and pan. or one of the later bikes

Nope tis an F2 , 26000 on the clock and looks like it never been apart he reckons, someone on the Honda trailie forum was selling it. he got it £950 in reasonable nick, he has pulled it apart had frame etc coated and engine is stripped gonna have crank rebuilt and rebored while he is at it

20714d1348564992-rd350lc-ypvs-f2-spares-

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online