Spending money on your bike

Grouch
This post is 4207 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just realised just how much money I have spent on my bike. Everytime I see something on eBay I cannot resist buying it. I have just bought a new bash plate and foot pegs. Really I didn't need either. I am selling my bike in March so the person who gets it after me will be getting a really good bike which has had no expense spared. I have nearly spent what I paid for the bike in parts, extras and labour. I want ti to be a really nice bike to look at, ride, and to function perfectly, but all my time, expense, and hard work is just going to benefit the person who gets her next. I think I'm finished buying extra's for her now. From now on it is just needs must basis.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i just spent £130 on a good top box and some more for heated grips, and £70 for a replacement rear tyre (im almost bald at the moment)

after all the motorcycle gear, im probably well over £4000 for my bike, accessories and PPE, but at the end of the day, i love being on the bike, and wish i had more time to just ride

I dread to think how much I've spent over the years and me being a compulsive customiser really hasn't helped!! One of my bikes is a 79 Guzzi 1000 that I've owned for about 21 years now, it's been restyled a number of times and currently sits half built but fitted out with gawd knows how much handmade ally stuff-over the years I have kept all the receipts in case I needed to make an insurance claim but they've all been put into a biscuit tin and I'm never going to add them up!

Yip . i know what you mean , restorations are worse, as you need to replace most rusty or knackered parts, every cuboard and drawers are full of spare parts, ,, the cost, :eusa_think: never count , as is a hobby, ,, jut like the golfer pays his yearly fees etc,

Just be glad we can , as some day we wont be fit to ride the bikes,

LMFAO have kids and see what your left with.

Haha, if I had kids I'd have to resort to running a scooter or some other piece of shit

that cost next to nothing. It's ace not having kids to drain all my money. But I think it

has to happen someday.

It's not the fact that I'm spending money on the bike, it's more the fact that come March,

some lucky person is going to buy my bike for probably less than I paid for it, and inherit

my labour of love. They are going to benefit from all my time, effort, hard work, and of

course all the money I pumped into it.

Having a kid is the best thing that every happened to me, and yet im still able to get by the day and save enough to customize my bike. you just need to put in loads of over time at work and make your out goings less than your in comings, Simples.

Sadly you will never get your money back on the things that you do to your stuff unless off course you re-build a Brough Superior SS100 now im pretty sure your get your money back on that.

I think I'm done now tarting her up, she is in good nick and fully working. From now on it's just going to be essential parts etc. I can see myself not being able to sell her when the time comes, and just keep her stored away lol.

Every single mod on my bike has either been about maintenance or function.

Nothing on there is cosmetic.

Everything on mine has thinking about, for example the aftermarket speedo I bought. I have brought it up to

a nice standard now, so really it does not need anything. I'll have to see what happens at the M.O.T.

I sold my kids and brought a project. Best day's work I ever did!...................................................They were last seen walking away with some tobacco blond old bloke in a gold lurex shell suit.

When it comes to it, I've got a feeling that I won't be able to bring myself to sell my bike. I might just have to put it into storage and sorn it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online