fast DT175?

allmotor
This post is 4063 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello from aus, name is wally & i just got 1980 dt 175 on the road & another getting built as a sort of chopper,anyways about the fast 175 question i took it to the drags tonight,& did well 4 a 175 32 years old.

i got 17.75@ 67.82mph with a bad 60foot 59.84 mph in 200 metres. has anyone run theirs.u think its good 4 a 175?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Allmotor, , its a great time, for 12.5 bhp. , an R1 has 12x that Bhp , and only makes 10.4secs,,

Not 12 x as fast eh ,,, :spin2:

hi fellows thanks replies & welcome the dt i took the 2 90 degree bends of the chamber so primary pipe is shorter, i up the front sprocket & the biggest gain was getting ri air cleaner after that it pulls to 9.500 in 5th gear its good fun.pretty popular at the track when i can do 2.1 60f footters on a 175 as good as any one.on biigger bikes a smartie came upo to me &said u will be in top gear by the 60 foot .i said becarefull mate it does 2.1 60s, he was on a busa. which i did beat to the 60.lol.

hi fellows thanks replies & welcome the dt i took the 2 90 degree bends of the chamber so primary pipe is shorter, i up the front sprocket & the biggest gain was getting ri air cleaner after that it pulls to 9.500 in 5th gear its good fun.pretty popular at the track when i can do 2.1 60f footters on a 175 as good as any one.on biigger bikes a smartie came upo to me &said u will be in top gear by the 60 foot .i said becarefull mate it does 2.1 60s, he was on a busa. which i did beat to the 60.lol.

wow! thats amazing, y'know something I would love to see a vid of all this at the track :D...whats the chances?

Got a guy on a hyabusa around here who could use a beating... of one kind or another. :biglaugha:

Hi and welcome to the club,,Did you ask the busa driver what his 60 is in the dirt, or better yet what it's like in the 1/4 on loose gravel,, bet you can beat him in the 1/4 on gravel. If not at least spray the hell out him with rocks to the 60. and 1/8.

hi fellows hows things well i took the amazing dt on a freeway last night i got bycicle computer on it its very accurate the timeslip said 109.1 ks the computer 109.3 thats close. anyway i max it out last night according to computer 110.9 ks an hour maybe 8.5000 or 9 grand top gear. needed a whole lane anyway thats real fast with three mods.

Wow allmotor, you got it to 110.9kph in 6th gear on a highway? that equates to 69 mph here, my DT does nowhere near that, but then again it's just a 125. well a 135 really, with with full powered powervalve and servo, full DEP exhaust system, 32mm Mikuni carb,unrestricted CDI, and yellow power band.

Got a guy on a hyabusa around here who could use a beating... of one kind or another. :biglaugha:

Ha. Several times i have challenged folk taking one at my dt. Fine i say pick somewhere, sensible like 50 or 60 mile away. You pick the route out, i pick the route back. Legal highways at legal speeds and i'll win.

Never had a power ranger dumb enough to take me on yet.

hi eveyone well just got back fro a test &tune meet took the busa out 4 the first time in 1 year just to get my feet wet on it 4 a long time ,

first run 9.23 @158. mph with a shit 60 foot 1.836 2nd run 1.62 60 foot 9.08 @ 157 mph missed the thid to fourth change tha t should hav been my first 8 sec pass.oh well,i didndt only wet my feet first go i think i soeked them lol.illsee if i can get 9s on my 750 on wed.

cheers wally

• 5 months later...

Wow allmotor, you got it to 110.9kph in 6th gear on a highway? that equates to 69 mph here, my DT does nowhere near that, but then again it's just a 125. well a 135 really, with with full powered powervalve and servo, full DEP exhaust system, 32mm Mikuni carb,unrestricted CDI, and yellow power band.

hi nev got some more out of it tonight 17.1@ 77.67 mph i think i can get more.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online