Engine paint

DirtyDT
This post is 4255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone have any recommendations for crankcase and barrel paint please?

I used Plastikote BBQ paint on one engine. PJ1 seems to have reappeared on the UK market but open to any other recommendations.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you still want me to dig out the 26?

I have the cable and twist grip as well if it helps any.

Grrr i can never get links to work here aircraftspruce.com Look under covering material heading they sell rattel cans Best pait for engines because it for aircraft the closest to our application as far as out in the elements.. We did a eng about 6 yrs ago and holding up just fine ,mind we did it with the engine apart and baked the paint at 180f for 10 min

randolphaircraft.com sells quarts if you have a spray gun I think thats the paint we used to long ago now to remember I will ask my buddy if he can remember exactly where we got the paint.

I don't know if you can get it there but vht sells satin barrel paint and case paint especaly formulated for bikes.

I used bing search engine it will give you lots of companys to choose from

Do you still want me to dig out the 26?

I have the cable and twist grip as well if it helps any.

I shall decline Cynic but many thanks. I think that a 26 will stiffle the engine. Airhead's is a 28 which is the right bore and the fitting OD's are about the same. Cheers anyway.

..................I don't know if you can get it there but vht sells satin barrel paint and case paint especaly formulated for bikes.

I used bing search engine it will give you lots of companys to choose from

I will have a look at the link. VHT is readily available here so that might be the option. Cheers.

I shall decline Cynic but many thanks. I think that a 26 will stiffle the engine. Airhead's is a 28 which is the right bore and the fitting OD's are about the same. Cheers anyway.

I will have a look at the link. VHT is readily available here so that might be the option. Cheers.

If you dont want it Jason sell it on ebay or send it me back and i'll sell it along with its RH partner :eusa_whistle:

VHT is readily available here so that might be the option.

I purchased some XHT(Xtremely High Temperature) from ebay made by auto inparts.com a few weeks ago for my Honda engine. Putting it on tomorrow in the sun, but can't tell you how good it will be as i've never used it before.

Previously on my Honda I used Eastwoods engine paint, which was the dogs danglies, sadly no longer available (I've checked with eastwoods USA and its been withdrawn........it did state on the can known to cause cancer!!!) but it stayed nice for 20years!!!

Me,,,,, i would use PJ1 for an engine,,,,,,,, or else powder coat,,,,some people say powder coating an engine will raise the temp of the engine BUT that is a load of bollacks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online