New style MOT

DirtyDT
This post is 4321 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just got the SV MOT'ed. All you get now is a white A4 piece of paper with some writing on.

I would suggest that before anyone buys a bike with this style of MOT, they check the validity of it online.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I too was shocked when i got mine and even asked the bloke if it was real or if his computer had gone tits up and he was just using a knocked up version he done on excel lol but nope its all legit.

I thought the same when i got mine, really its just a printout of whats online, more cost cutting penny pinching.

The bit that always gets me is all this stuff thats online, one virus and its all fucked. A nasty one killed our PC over the weekend. What if one gets into the government stuff. That Nat West snafu, who's to say thats not a virus/hacker their keeping quiet?

Natwest is my main bank account.

Yeh " i hear your the next in line for a euro bale out, after the TS250 resto ,, :icon_cheesygrin:

I was told to be carful when buying a new bike as people are either ripping off the advisory side or photo copying the whole sheet with a piece of a4 blanking off that half of the page.

I muh prefered the older one.

Unfortunately there are so many scum bags wanting to rip people off its always wise to check everything is correct your self any way.

And don't get me started on scrap dealers...

Yeh " i hear your the next in line for a euro bale out, after the TS250 resto ,, :icon_cheesygrin:

:lol: :lol: If that wasn't close to the truth it would be funny.

I was told to be carful when buying a new bike as people are either ripping off the advisory side or photo copying the whole sheet with a piece of a4 blanking off that half of the page.

I muh prefered the older one.

Don't the advisories show online?

The SV got 3;

Rear tyre close to limit - I knew that (changed for the last MOT).

Rear brake pads close to limit - I knew that too

Chain slightly lose - I also knew that.

With the weather we are having at the moment the tyre and brake pads might last another 2 years :lol:.

They probably do but im just saying as i know most people wont bother checking it. To be honest i hadnt seen this new type before my recent mot so i wouldnt have had a clue what i was looking at if i were buying a new bike, as you say always check it up online.

I have to explain to people when I print off a certifcate, I do get some funny looks as if I am trying to rip them off.

The advisorys printed on the MOT are a good idea but the traders hate it because the buyers can see them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online