Speed Camera Scramblers

Grouch
This post is 4372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No never heard of them, you can't scramble a digital camera as far as I know unless your radio active I suppose! Where did you hear about it and what does it look like? Not one of these urban myth thingys is it? Perhaps you could show us a photo of it and if it works might be worth a look. :jossun:

I dont think i could ever trust something like that lol if it doesnt work youre screwed.

If youre caught with one you will also be screwed...

I know it's not for everyone but you have to admit some speed cameras are unfair. Speed camera's are just a way of generating more money to fund the politicians lavish lifestyles. I'm not saying bomb around the streets at over 100m.p.h. I just think it's a great invention that gets one over on the authorities.

I'm sure I saw one on Road Wars, it was interfering with the cop car's camera so they pulled him...

I heard this story once: (bare with me as i need to remember it.)

A copper was on a stretch of road know for the keen motorcyclist which was on a nice coastal route, upon hearing such a motorist he pulls up his hand held gatso and aims it down the road at the power ranger and after a few seconds the gatso scrambles and turns off and the officer is un able to turn it back on, by this time the motorcyclist slowly poodles by him with a grin.

After his shift the PC returns back to HQ with his busted Gatso, in which they found one of the main chips had blown. The man in charge then finds out that it was a military device that scrambled the signal so writes a strong letter to the local RAF base stating that they have let a speeder get away and also wrecked a expensive bit of police equipment and should pay for a new one.

He soon had a letter back from the RAF base saying that at that time they had a fully armed Euro fighter out on a training exercise when it locked onto an hostile radar signal and automatically jammed it and armed its air to ground side winder missile. But the pilot was a biker and new of the road he was flying past and canceled the missile deployment. :biglaugha:

Sounds like this

405446_300225136691350_199098633470668_786708_1853878961_n.jpg

:icon_razz:

Thats where i saw it! i knew one of you smart fuckers would find it! cheers for backing me up lol

i'd rather take 3 points and a £60 fine, than an appearance at court on perverting the course of justice charges. Very likely to rile a traffic or TST copper if they find it on your bike, a real tin-opener for a can-of-worms.

i'd rather take 3 points and a £60 fine, than an appearance at court on perverting the course of justice charges. Very likely to rile a traffic or TST copper if they find it on your bike, a real tin-opener for a can-of-worms.

Very true. I generally stay within the limits unless on a really good safe road, in which case there isnt likely to be a traffic office with a gun.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online