ICE Details

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone keeps an ICE ( Incase of Emergency ) number stored in there phone, or a tag or something in there pocked with next of kin details ect.

stopped for fuel today and got speaking to another biker, he was wearing a High Vis vest over his leathers with his name on the back of it, and the words " ICE Details Located on Right Pocket Zip" and he had like a security pass/id holder on his jacked pocket and a card with all his details and stuff on it.

Seems like a good idea, and i do usually wear my high vis when riding at night and for long distances in "normal" scottish weather - rain, snow, fog, low cloud haha.

Whats everyones thoughts ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have the lady friends number in my phone as ICE, had to explain to her why her name had ICE in front of it lol.

My wife said DON'T phone me if you fall of the BLOODY THING just make sure your wallet makes it back, think she was joking, sorry, hope she was joking. As in previous posts she HATES my bike as she can't tell me what to do when I'm on it. :biglaugha:

Unfortunately, with an Iphone it's pretty pointless having ICE contacts (I do have the family in favourites) as I have the phone passcode locked in case it gets stollen. :ssst:

That said seems like a pretty good idea to have some sort of ICE details on hand just in case the worst happens - will stick a little card with them in my wallet - so thanks for the heads up. Good idea.

I always wear a set of US style dog tags - One is stamped with my name, DoB, blood group, allergy info (none, in my case) and a couple extra bits to help ID me. The other has NoK contact details.

The ONLY times you won't find me wearing these is either in the shower, or when I'm wearing my 1940s issue ones.

I work on the basis that my phone will get trashed in an incident anyway and there is thus no ICE contact.

I do like the idea of having ICE details in a specific location and with clear indicators as to where they are on me.

Catch 22, how far do you go. I have contact stuff in my wallet. but what if its nicked, if you have stuff on your jacket what if its copied, cloned or whatever.

I'll make do with the big square plate on the back of the bike for now.

I have my details tattooed on my left buttock.

I don't really. I have a phone with "home" as a contact and a wallet with ID in. The bikes registration says where it is registered to so that does me.

You can get several types of info holders. sos Talismans have been around for years LINKY

The Dept of Transport were doing a free sticker thing that went inside your helmet with your personal details etc , and an alert one for Police/ Ambulance that went on the outside to let them know details were inside.

i just make do with a set of issue dogtags, its got my name one it, date of birth and what type of blood i have incase it needs topping up, the bike(s) are registered to my home address so no doubt they would find my NoK by knocking on my front door

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online