got started on the repair- took photos-any advice pls

jimmythemoonlight
This post is 4446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fraid so mate, should move but 5mil seems a bit loose, ok so that is one knock sorted and as you have it apart check every thing else out as well and yes decoke it while you can, don't forget to check the crank shaft as well while your at it one thing can lead to another I'm afraid. :jossun:

ok thanks , i might as well just take it apart all together, there was a sort of pinking noise that came from the rear cylinder , would it be fair to say that that could of been the piston hitting the head ?? thanks for your advice by the way

here we go, its a major strip down and crank removal...like i said earlier, worst case scenario

@ drewpy...to me its either bucket/shim or tappets, tappets are not exclusive to pushrod engines my TTR600 OHC has them ;)

no that's rocker arm adjustment for valves, tappets are these

flat-tappet-engines_en.jpg or can be mushroom shaped

yes i see what youre saying but since jesus was a boy we have all said and heard the term 'adjust the tappets'

since there is no adjustment to be had on the tappets you posted a nice picture of we all know the tappet adjusters to be on the rocker arms,,,so then these are now the tappets :moon:

i was being pedantic, but that's how I am with engines! I always adjust the valve clearances not the tappets :razz:

thats helpfull ha ha ha , i just managed to buy a whole new engine from the crank up and two wheels with great tyres and good disc all for a rather tasty £300 snots. apperently its only done <16000 and its still shiney, i can get that shoved in and then find another ball aching problem... ah the joys of motoring... i named it the dragfar . . now come on boys stop your bickering.

no that's rocker arm adjustment for valves, tappets are these

flat-tappet-engines_en.jpg or can be mushroom shaped

Aye drewps" we called them cam followers,,, wen we stripped old morris engines,, :eusa_think:

• 4 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online