Barmy EU plans

NEV
This post is 4592 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys

so what is everybody's real views on this, i've seen it mentioned in a few places but no-one seems to be bothered is it for real or fake either way i signed the petition lol but i mean why is it that no one seems to be bothered. and what can us learners do on protest day when every other bike is on the motorway

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave " where is your nearest meet " motorway"s are out for L platers ,,, duel carrageway,, is ok,, thers tons of meets ,25th,, Sunday 1pm,,,

Fuckin Bastards

If i could meet these EU planning bastards,,,,,,,,, i would be the last person they would ever see

Dave " where is your nearest meet " motorway"s are out for L platers ,,, duel carrageway,, is ok,, thers tons of meets ,25th,, Sunday 1pm,,,

hey blackhat

my nearest meet is at m8/m9 stirling services

cheers

Dave

Signed... and forwarded the link forward to colleagues, friends and family & posted to FB. I'm working in Glasgow Sunday afternoon but will be heading from East Lothian at 12... anybody meeting up at Dreghorn (A720) / or Harthill (M8)...

Am in east lothian tmorrow,,, north berwick ,then Gifford,, they"l be 3 of us two-strokes ,, :eusa_snooty: Maybe see you out there,,

hi guys

so what is everybody's real views on this, ..........................

A lot of European countries have bad biker accident rates. There are many, and differing, reasons for this. This is just a blanket "stop everything we can't be ar5ed to understand" type of legislation as it is cheap for the government to impose.

. .............and what can us learners do on protest day when every other bike is on the motorway

Now that is a very good question. Maybe MAG didn't think that through, or maybe learners just don't count as real bikers! Very short-sighted veiw.

A lot of European countries have bad biker accident rates. There are many, and differing, reasons for this. This is just a blanket "stop everything we can't be ar5ed to understand" type of legislation as it is cheap for the government to impose.

Now that is a very good question. Maybe MAG didn't think that through, or maybe learners just don't count as real bikers! Very short-sighted veiw.

If ya think about it, bikers in Dorset and Cornwall, full licence and learners alike, don't have motorways, so they'll be riding together on the A30, and A38 all together no doubt, but for the rest of the country there are plenty of meet ups on A roads, as below

• A1 and A1M

A1/A19 Seaton Burn Services northbound

Washington Services northbound

Durham services, northbound

Scotch Corner

Newark 'Friendly Farmer' services A1/A46/A17 junction

A1 Truck Stop, Colsterworth NG33 5JN

Brampton Hut A1M northbound

• A11

A11/A1065 Barton Mills, Mildenhall

• A12

8 Ball diner, Rivenhall, A12 northbound

BP, Boreham Interchange A12 northbound

Tesco, Copdock, A12

• A127

Porky's Diner eastbound

Stawberry fields/ Tesco, Southend

• A14

Thrapston Services

Brampton Hut A1/A14

A14/A143 , St Saviours Interchange, Bury St Edmunds IP32 7JS

j57 Golden Hind, Nacton rd, Ipswich

• A20

Crittal Corner Services eastbound, Sidcup

• A24

Sandhill Lane, Washington, W. Sussex opp Destination Triumph RH20 4AJ

• A264

eastbound layby at Copthorne, East Sussex, before A220/A264 roundabout

• A27

eastbound layby before Lancing A2025 roundabout

• A3

Ripley Services Southbound, north of Guildford GU23 6PT

• A30

Launceston, Kings Head PH, Five Lanes

Chiverton Cross Services nr Redruth

• A303

Solstice Park, Amesbury SP4 7SQ

Podimore Services, nr Yeovil BA22 8JG

• A31

Rufus Stone Services westbound, SO43 7GN

• A34

Milton Heights Services, Didcot, OX14 4TX

• A38

Lee Mill Services, Ivybridge, Plymouth

• A40

A40 /A477 Little Chef, Saint Clears roundabout

• A46

Friendly Farmer services, Newark A1/A46/A17 junction

• A47

Long Water Retail Park, Norwich

Freebridge Cafe, King's Lynn PE34 3LP

• A48

Halford's roundabout, Carmarthen

• A5

Little Chef, Bletchley MK17 9RB

• A55

Abergele services, westbound, between j25 and 24a

• A590

A590 Greenodd Garage services LA12 7RE

• A61/A616

Tankersley Services near j36 M1. This is a learner friendly start point.

• A63

Ferriby services westbound HU14 3LN

• A64

The Highwayman Cafe, York YO32 9TL

• A74(M)

Gretna Services

• A9

Tore Services, north of Inverness IV6 7RZ

• A90

Strathcartho services, between Perth and Aberdeen

Ellon park and ride, north of Aberdeen

Bullionfield Services southbound, Dundee

• Others

SK1 4LG Harley Centre, Stockport

Personally I would have thought bikers would have made more of an impact on A roads compared to motorways, think about it 70-80 bikers on a mainly single A road compared to 100 ish on a 3 lane motorway, nes pas? :spin2:

Personally I would have thought bikers would have made more of an impact on A roads compared to motorways, think about it 70-80 bikers on a mainly single A road compared to 100 ish on a 3 lane motorway, nes pas? :spin2:

maybe so NEV but perhaps it isnt the plan to 'piss off' the nations motorists? but just to be seen taking action as a mass nationwide protest ride...

Noooo OG, I never for one minute thought it was a 'piss off people' impact, or I would have suggested riding at 15mph, just like the lorry drivers do, when they protest at fuel tax hikes, I meant more as a 'fookin wow' impact at normal riding speeds. as a fair few A roads go through towns and cities.

I'll just keep an eye out as I head west then... I'm not in favor of doing 45 on the M8 by myself, likely to end up as a road marking so if I see anyone I'll just tag on, though I will definitely be at Dreghorn (A720) at around 12.30 and will drive through west bound Harthill around 13.00...

well cheers guys for some more info on this

my plan was to meet up at local mway services in stirling then head to another one at kinross via A roads as im a learner, ive said to a few of my buddys

to come with me but unsure if they will take the motorway or do i what i do, even if i have to ride pillion on one of their bikes as to regarding motorways :)

cheers

Dave

Me and a mate will be at Gordano Services - Red XJ6 and a Black Busa. NotAvon, Bristol and North Somerset MAG will be there.

Bring it on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online