L-plate journey from Cheshire to Loch Ness and back

This post is 4679 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A valiant effort, Georgie!

"When I were a lad....." we considered ourselves to be bold travellers if we managed to ride the 8 miles or so to the next village on our 125 Bantams and 197 (big engine that!) James.

Soctland is put on hold until I manage to combine good weather and free weekend.

Huh geordie " weve been saying that all summer, :( its the worst summer can remember, its rained 4 out of last 5 weekends. and pisses most days thru the week .

ground is sodden, Thats why i go down south for ride-outs, Lotherton next weekend,

Well done for the attempt tho " good to see the ybr made it home too,B)

A valiant effort, Georgie!

"When I were a lad....." we considered ourselves to be bold travellers if we managed to ride the 8 miles or so to the next village on our 125 Bantams and 197 (big engine that!) James.

eee I love these when I were a lad snippets :thumb:

One of the best posts I've seen in a while, and like 'Jont' said a valiant effort George-the Gealidh word for summer rain is 'báisteach' - now, have a guess where they got that word from? :mellow:

driving down the motorway earlier at 5:30pm, the rain was so heavy it was like going over small speed bumps spaced every 10 feet :o

Well done George-brilliant post m8

well done, did you not get some Kendle mint cake for us all?

maybe next time, John I hope to get to lotherton next Sunday, I know Mike wants to go again. see you there. OG you going?

well done, did you not get some Kendle mint cake for us all?

maybe next time, John I hope to get to lotherton next Sunday, I know Mike wants to go again. see you there. OG you going?

I will if i can but something tell me 'swmbo' has something else planned (cant remember tho...)we'll see

I'm back home.

It was raining this morning and expected to rain the hole day. So my journy to Soctland is put on hold until I manage to combine good weather and free weekend.

Since I was going to get soaked anyway, I decided take A592 insted A6 south from Penrith to Kendal. I thought I could see somethning interesting around if it stops raining for a while. No luck. It didn't stop. It just got worse in the Kirkstone Pass - rain, fog and wind ... and a long traffic queue behind a slow moving bus.

When I got back to Cheshire under the sunshine I thought - Nobody would believe me what rain is pouring there up nroth.

That't how my first attempt to go to Scotland ended.

At least it was good test for the bike. No complints from the bike except maybe the seat is not designed for long riding but it's still OK.

p.s. didn't try the hot Cheeky Vimtos...maybe next time

Well Georgie, you got off/on yer arris and had a go mate, fair play to ya! better luck next time mind, and there will be a next time.

Judging by this news clip I reckon you did the right thing not going on further :blink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14176519

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online