My Restored TZR 125 (1988)

paule230
This post is 4222 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is my restored TZR125. I purchased from my neighbour as it had been sat in his garden for 13+yrs!

He was the only owner and it has covered just 7k miles.

I have resprayed it, fitted new screen and installed a fully working ypvs so its now a full power model as Yamaha intended. The engine luckily was in good condition and started after the 3rd kick with some fresh petrol, although the carbs was full of gunge.

73548_495648681154_525736154_7142266_8088824_n.jpg

33928_495648706154_525736154_7142267_4129236_n.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats nice, memories........

7000 miles, :lol: full power :blink: , full fairing? don't recall those on a 88 but they wern't cheap back then so maybe my mates couldn't afford em.

That must be worth a few bob now.

Thats nice, memories........

7000 miles, :lol: full power :blink: , full fairing? don't recall those on a 88 but they wern't cheap back then so maybe my mates couldn't afford em.

That must be worth a few bob now.

It was a neighbours who had it from new, but ill health meant he stopped riding it a bout 13yrs ago. It was restricted, but I had a lucky win on flea bay and got the complete ypvs system including servo, control unit, cables etc. It was just a case of plug it in as the wiring is already there.

The fairing was sold as a £180 optional extra when new, hence why not many could afford to have it.

I'm lucky to have the original keys, ALL previous tax discs, service book, sales brouchure (which shows bike with fairing).

I will be showing the bike at the Faversham (Kent) classic car & bike show on Sun 22nd May if anyone around to say hi.

It was a neighbours who had it from new, but ill health meant he stopped riding it a bout 13yrs ago. It was restricted, but I had a lucky win on flea bay and got the complete ypvs system including servo, control unit, cables etc. It was just a case of plug it in as the wiring is already there.

The fairing was sold as a £180 optional extra when new, hence why not many could afford to have it.

I'm lucky to have the original keys, ALL previous tax discs, service book, sales brouchure (which shows bike with fairing).

I will be showing the bike at the Faversham (Kent) classic car & bike show on Sun 22nd May if anyone around to say hi.

Ouch, 180 quid would buy you a lot more in 1988 :lol:

Thats a real gem i'd wager there are very few in that condition, the fairing is rare the YPVS even rarer, matching numbers etc, etc and one owner minimal mileage :o . Most have a dozen owners and untold mechanical nasties.

I hope you have a lot of fun with it, don't let it gather dust though, personally i think thats the saddest part of really tidy classics. They become ornaments.

I have a 9000mile TDR, that takes me to work on a morning, if the weathers a bit iffy its my DT175.

Thanks Cynic,

I was very very lucky I have to admit, it was just right time right moment. The only reason I was in their garden was because we was looking at how we could help a very elderly couple with their garden, so maybe its good karma :D .

I bet your TDR is fun? I see your a 2 stroke fan, Oh how I wish I stored my old RG500 :(

That is a very nice bike Paul-you lucky b@%l@r£ :o:D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This bike takes me back!! I can remember a few "rich" mates having these back in 89 when i was on my RD125LC and I was mighty jealous. I now own that bikes big brother, a red and white TZR250 2MA.

• 11 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online