Opinions on motorcycle trousers please

DirtyDT
This post is 4776 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

My fabric trousers are about to fall apart. Not good for a pair that is less than a year old. But not to name the brand that has not survived the year (RST Rift - the seams have gone in several places - not recommended)

I don't want leather but I do need a short leg so I have been looking at Weise Titans as I like the Weise quality of the stuff I have got.

Before I buy a pair, are there any others with a short leg I could be looking? Alternatively, does anyone have any experience of Kevlar jeans?

Ta :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I swear by leather myself, but I did have a few tries with Draggin' Jeans... HORRID!!

Biggest problem for me is that the rise (measurement from crotch to top of waistband) isn't high enough. You put them on and either they cut you straight up the middle, or you end up wearing them as if they are a pair of Low-Riders.

Low-Riders are GREAT for the girls, but look very, very wrong on a bloke.

I use Hood Jeans), they cost about £80-£100 a pair and seem to be excellent quality, and they will do them in the length you ask for.

Admittedly leather will always be the safer option, but I can wear these all day long without changing, they look like normal jeans.

Hi all,

My fabric trousers are about to fall apart. Not good for a pair that is less than a year old. But not to name the brand that has not survived the year (RST Rift - the seams have gone in several places - not recommended)

I don't want leather but I do need a short leg so I have been looking at Weise Titans as I like the Weise quality of the stuff I have got.

Before I buy a pair, are there any others with a short leg I could be looking? Alternatively, does anyone have any experience of Kevlar jeans?

Ta :D

Hi Dirty Dt

I have an Akito trouser and Jacket set they are ok for warmth, the impact protection looks to be ok too (zip together), but even although the are sold as water proof they have leaked from the first day,

I have also brought some of the Kevlar jeans (Draggin Jeans) No impact or weather protection, I would not like to test the ‘Draggin’ protection but they are ok in the summer, I am also a short arse so I had to turn up the legs ‘mom would be proud’

So I now live with the Akito set in the winter with a full length condom suit for heavy rain,

So I just buy what suits my pocket best and I try to buy old out of style gear for the best price,

not a fan of textile trousers or kevlar type jeans as both offer no real protection but have had a textile jacket (spada) for many years,but wear leather most times.

I swear by leather myself, but I did have a few tries with Draggin' Jeans... HORRID!!

Biggest problem for me is that the rise (measurement from crotch to top of waistband) isn't high enough. You put them on and either they cut you straight up the middle, or you end up wearing them as if they are a pair of Low-Riders.

Low-Riders are GREAT for the girls, but look very, very wrong on a bloke.

Yep. Not what you want at any time but the summer heat chaps your chaps, chaps. I have normal jeans like that. Always feel as though you want to pull the waistband up but they are tight against you "difference" already.

I use Hood Jeans), they cost about £80-£100 a pair and seem to be excellent quality, and they will do them in the length you ask for.

Admittedly leather will always be the safer option, but I can wear these all day long without changing, they look like normal jeans.

I have seen Hood jeans but they appear to just cut the legs to the length you want so the knees are still too low. I change at work but prefer fabric over leather.

Hi Dirty Dt

I have an Akito trouser and Jacket set they are ok for warmth, the impact protection looks to be ok too (zip together), but even although the are sold as water proof they have leaked from the first day,

I have also brought some of the Kevlar jeans (Draggin Jeans) No impact or weather protection, I would not like to test the ‘Draggin’ protection but they are ok in the summer, I am also a short arse so I had to turn up the legs ‘mom would be proud’

So I now live with the Akito set in the winter with a full length condom suit for heavy rain,

So I just buy what suits my pocket best and I try to buy old out of style gear for the best price,

The Weise fabric stuff I have has been 100% waterproof, mind you so have the RST jeans. I have a really comfortable pair of Akito boots which leak but are comfy!

not a fan of textile trousers or kevlar type jeans as both offer no real protection but have had a textile jacket (spada) for many years,but wear leather most times.

I have spada gloves and have had their boots, rate both of them to be honest.

Cheers guys but the money is still on the Weise Titans but still looking :D

Go for gore-tex if you can afford to spend a little extra, they vent the humid damp air responsible for betty swollocks, this in turn will prevent sitting on your nuts when you shuffle forward on your seat :huh:

I have Aldi textiles coz im a tightass

Dunno if they have a tightass shortass version :P

check soon though coz bike stuff has just been out recently

you need to do a review Paul on the Aldi stuff, I was looking at them myself-being a miserly Scotskunt ;)

........Dunno if they have a tightass shortass version :P

check soon though coz bike stuff has just been out recently

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not worried about tightarse, just sweaty arse.

I will pop into Aldi tomorrow and have a look

Go for gore-tex if you can afford to spend a little extra, they vent the humid damp air responsible for betty swollocks, this in turn will prevent sitting on your nuts when you shuffle forward on your seat :huh:

This is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I am looking for protection with breathing ability. I hate Betty's.

Or,, you could use this pattern with some Tyvek breathable building membrane and just buy cheap waterproof textile trousers :thumb:

http://www.viz.co.uk/images/pullouts/viz_duran.pdf

Summer is commin :unsure:

Put on your Willywarmer and pull up your Y fronts.

That'll do it,,,,,,no need for anything more :lol:

Sur ya skin will be like leather in na time B)

So just wear my rose coloured silk thong and let the wind do the rest? :D

YeeeeeeHa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats the one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,da wimmens will love ya !

I have Scott 's leather trousers,,,,,,,,,,,there comforty,,,,,,,,,,,,,arround me Balls is stretchy material so no crushed nuts and no swetting,,,,,,,,,,ya will get wet if it rains though.

I have Spada textiles and i dont really like them,,,,,,,,,,,,wear them in winter but the swetting is bad in them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ya'd be as well ta have your Y fronts on and just get wet dry.gif

I've never had jeans or anything like that so cant comment

HTH ya Dirty

Nice, I see there are Eastern blok jumpers to go with them B)

YeeeeeeHa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats the one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,da wimmens will love ya !

I have Scott 's leather trousers,,,,,,,,,,,there comforty,,,,,,,,,,,,,arround me Balls is stretchy material so no crushed nuts and no swetting,,,,,,,,,,ya will get wet if it rains though.

I have Spada textiles and i dont really like them,,,,,,,,,,,,wear them in winter but the swetting is bad in them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ya'd be as well ta have your Y fronts on and just get wet dry.gif

I've never had jeans or anything like that so cant comment

HTH ya Dirty

Its St Patricks day today so it is, can ye tell :lol:

Happy Paddy's day Pat.

Nice, I see there are Eastern blok jumpers to go with them B)

LINK If that clothing was compulsory I would give up biking. I would also keep away from schools.

Its St Patricks day today so it is, can ye tell :lol:

Yep Jim, i was off yesterday workin on me bike and today (for Paddys Day) i was messin round da house all day,,,,,,even went for a spin on me DT :D

I had no beer to drown the shamrock though :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online