Anyone know this bike?

Dan Burton
This post is 4872 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

turns out its a yzf r6...599cc

Errr ..... single front disk & L plates say not!

cheers. is it a special model or been modified? dont seem to be able to find one for sale that is similar.. thanks

Here's 54 of them on the Devil's own auction site - Evilbay Link

You're welcome

I don't know what it is, but it's obvious your both wrong (unless its a modded r125). Both the r6 and yzf-r125 have side slung exhausts.

Maybe its a Chinese type thing (hyosung etc)

It is 125cc or smaller though, as Pete says its got L plates.

Dan, if you want to be taken seriously on here its a good idea to introduce yourself properly. I don't think you would be too happy if i just stopped you in the street and asked you a question without so much as a " Hello, my name is blah" etc.

I'm not sure what model of Yamaha it is but....isn't that a Harley right behind it...and two other Harleys just down the street.. :P

Oh and feel free to stop me in the street and ask me questions, I'll answer them if at all possible, it matters not a dot to me who you are, or what you ride.

Read this thread leatherat and you will see why i made that comment http://www.yamahaclu...__1#entry124708 .

looks to me like an r125 with modified r6 fairing ......dont look bad though ;)

Can't imagine anyone spending the money required to do that on a <125, especially someone on L-plates.

Read this thread leatherat and you will see why i made that comment http://www.yamahaclu...__1#entry124708 .

Yes, I've read that thread, and others that are similar. It contains several instances of hypocrasy, people complaining about others asking for assistance in their first post, whilst then admitting to doing the exact same thing on their first post (with various mitigating circumstances :rolleyes: ).

If someone wants information on a problem pertainintg to their Yamaha, what better place than a website calling itself the 'Yamaha Owners Club' to ask the question? However, those who do are all too often met with an unfreindly door policy, which seems to have been designed to aliviate the problem of single post members, but by the very admissions of those in the linked thread, a lot of people who post questions or problems on their first post stick around and become members of the community. Just my point of veiw, there will be others who disagree B)

I think it's more a combination.

My first post included a small introduction and then got down to asking questions.

I think the main reason I stayed was down to the information i received from other members about my bike. If it weren't friendly, I doubt I would have stayed. I've been a member of a few other forums which I have deserted due to two main things:

1. A lack of friendliness and community.

2. A lack of constant posts, be them pertinent to my motorcycle or not.

I think this forum has both, yet still has room for improvement.

Now I am not advocating one-post-wonders, those who come on "i need some help...." etc etc etc. I think we should advise the OP to give an introduction before expecting to receive - in a friendly manner.

Just my $0.02

Chris

Dan,

The correct answer is tadaaa........ a Derbi GPR 125 - its had the stickers removed, but that's what it is. The wheels were what gave it away (remembered them from a pic of someone else's bike) - here's a pic of a red one, with stickers in place.

Cheers

t053zm.jpg

still doesnt explain why it has a Yam engine in it though :/

have to admit, very juicy looking bike, maybe if i had one of those i would hav got laid more than i did when i had the DT...

You definitely would have got laid more Foamy.

If I didn't get enough attention on my Dragstar, you should see the que of girlies hoping to get a ride home from college on the Ninja!

I say - with no hint of shame in my voice - that my bike(s) is an enormously large penis extension!! ha.

I am rather sure it makes sense. Because the (s) was an optional input, then it is not NECESSARY for me to correct the rest of the sentence. If you are willing to change in the (s) then you should be willing to correct the rest of the sentence for yourself. It is often helpful for me to put the option in however, e.g.:

"that my bike(s) is/are enormously large penis extension(s)!! ha."

However, grammatically, it's NOT a must-have.

The two main grammatical errors in my sentence could have been, perhaps, could have been rectified by the use of a subordinate clause between two commas, rather than hyphens ( - ). Moreover, I have used two reinforcing adjectives to describe the length of my phallus - "enormously large".

Don't mess with public school dudes! ;)

ANYWAY, saw a DT today, looked fucking mint. Made me think of ya Foams ;)