sorn advise

hobbo
This post is 5061 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can any one give me some help regarding sorn notice , i have had my bike of the road for about 10 years, i have fially

rebuilt the bike and are nearley ready to put it back on the road, the bike was put on a sorn in sep 2000 i have now

found out that the sorn should have been renewed every year but this was not done, what is the best way to go about

this as i can see me gettig a fine and having to pay the back tax,there must be 100s of bikes in bits in people garages

that are in the same postion as me, do i come clean with dvlc or act dumb as i thought you only had to put the bike

on a sorn once and not every year any help would be welcomed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ooh, feck.... Personally, I'd play dumb and once it's ready just tax it as if nothing was amiss.

The DVLA lose records all the time anyway. Mayhap they have lost yours.

Ooh, feck.... Personally, I'd play dumb and once it's ready just tax it as if nothing was amiss.

Yep, I'd do that too.

Yep, I'd do that too.

'cept you don't have to pretend :P:lol:

I even checked the regs - The annual notification has been in place long before yours was first SORNed.

However, they *may* have just figured you were remaining SORN and not bothered pursuing it.

The DVLA lose records all the time anyway. Mayhap they have lost yours.

Its what i did.

But it wasnt sorned for that long more like 4/5 years

Thanks for all your replys, things are not looking good i just dug out log book and its the old style v5 and to

make matters worse i did not change my address when i moved to my new address , i checked status on dvlc and it said

unlicenced from 200i status, how will they know when i moved if i send old log book in for a new one, looks like i will have to break the bike and tell them nothing as the bike will cost more than the fine i will get, 2 years down the drain . the wife said would be nice to see you ride it after all the money and time spent on it,well off pissed now any help would be of great help.

thanks Dave

Any problems you could always sell it to a wife/relative/close friend tax it then buy it back  :unsure:

Wont cost you anything!

I have an unsorned xs250 and tried to sorn it. the dvla would'nt entertain it as it was before some sort of cut off. so if i check mine online they have no records.

just apply for the new V5 and declare sorn and i think yo will be ok