Big Bike snobbery

Stev125
This post is 5094 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone

Whilst out on my bike Friday evening I pulled in at a local bar for a Shandy as you do there were lots of people sat outside enjoying the sun whilst I was walking thorough the people some one I know not as a Friend said why have you come down here on that little thing well I saw red straight away I think this chap owns a Fireblade we did get into a heated debate about the virtues of owning a small bike its a shame people have to be like this I love my bike its great fun and that's the main thing in my book.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Two words, penis extension.

Personally i ride what I like, they ride what THEY like. Go to a proper bike rally and you will see every color, type and size known to man. And everybody will be chating having a drink.

I saw this with my own eyes, IAM instructor, "if anyone gets past me legally on the way back i'll buy everybody breakfast".

From the other side of banbury to jacks hill cafe.

His bike?, a CB400 dream.

And no he didn't buy breakfast.

ignore them mate a bikes a bike to me whether its a 100c to a 1000cc who cares how fast or slow you go aslong as its a bike it dont matter :)

i'm now riding a XJ6n after years of (mainly) riding an FZR1000 and a few people i have spoken to assume i am a novice or basicly clueless. There is a culture amongst some riders and non-riders that not riding a superbike/hyperbike indicates some kind of inferiority.

It's a bit like the concept that people who drive shiny new cars must be wealthy, but behind the masquerade they might be in a pile of debt or just leasing it.

It's a funny old world!

those big bikers miss out on a great opportunity dont they

32481_1428472506058_1060171994_1301453_1494891_n.jpeg

Whats he need a thou for he gets 'blown' away on that :lol::lol:

Hi Everyone

Whilst out on my bike Friday evening I pulled in at a local bar for a Shandy as you do there were lots of people sat outside enjoying the sun whilst I was walking thorough the people some one I know not as a Friend said why have you come down here on that little thing well I saw red straight away I think this chap owns a Fireblade we did get into a heated debate about the virtues of owning a small bike its a shame people have to be like this I love my bike its great fun and that's the main thing in my book.

this is something that really pisses me off some so called bikers who think because they ride a bigger bike they are superier,have had a similar experience myself today i needed to give my dragstar 125 a good run so went round the ribble valley a good 80 mile round trip as it was hot i stopped at a little country pub for a drink and parked next to some sports bikes,went in got my drink and came out sat on the grass near my bike, one of the other bikers asked me whats your bike mate is it the 650 or 1100, i said no its a 125 to which he replied have you never thought of getting a proper bike, people like that are just knobheads just ignore them but i do understand where your coming from i get a totally different reaction when i am out on my bigger bikes some people even give me a nod. :D

this is something that really pisses me off some so called bikers who think because they ride a bigger bike they are superier,have had a similar experience myself today i needed to give my dragstar 125 a good run so went round the ribble valley a good 80 mile round trip as it was hot i stopped at a little country pub for a drink and parked next to some sports bikes,went in got my drink and came out sat on the grass near my bike, one of the other bikers asked me whats your bike mate is it the 650 or 1100, i said no its a 125 to which he replied have you never thought of getting a proper bike, people like that are just knobheads just ignore them but i do understand where your coming from i get a totally different reaction when i am out on my bigger bikes some people even give me a nod. :D

I remember in 1985 when I'd passed my test but continued to ride my sukuki (freudian slip, ive just seen the photo) A100 when some cunt on a 400/4 slagged me off for riding a tiddler. I could have strangled and forced a beer can up his arse, I was that angry (and still am): The best thing about smaller bikes is the joy of embarrasing wankers on bigger machinery. Anyway, most of such riders can never use the full potential of their bikes anyway. Tell them to whistle Dixie

Ignore them, especially the Sports riders.

Everyone knows that Cruisers are superior anyway. :lol:

Besides, doesn't matter how fast they think they can ride... They can't outrun bullets. Remind them of this fact and then kick them in the balls.

It's not what you got, but what you do with it that counts :rolleyes:

I've done more miles in a day on a YBR than on any other bike I've owned

(the largest being an 1150) and used less petrol doing it :)

It's not what you got, but what you do with it that counts :rolleyes:

You're thinking of something else there, mate :lol:

Hi Everyone

A bike is a bike to me, big or small, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, honda what ever they are all bikes, dont let it get to you mate , the power ranges fly passed me when I'm on my Kh400 triple but the last laugh is when you pull into your local bike haunt , and they are all there reving the nuts off their new R6s R1s fireblade etc i roll in behind and you can guarantee that they will be people who are sat down get up and come across and chat while the pocket rockets dont get a look in ,dont get me wrong im not against the pocket rockets I love my old FZR600 3he and i suppose she is an early pocket rocket ,

dont forget we are a biking fraternity ,I will give the bikers nod to all type of bikers, I look at it like this if i were to breakdown and a guy passing on a bike remembers me on the bike nodding to him he is more likely to stop and give me a hand ,.

keep going to the local you'll get the last laugh when he's fried his clutch toot your horn and wave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online