FZR AL
This post is 5274 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi boys and girls

yet another newbie , been meaning to join for ages , but just never got round to it , but today i have , mostly into to 2 strokes, but just bought a FZR600 3HE after been paid out on the insurance on my GPZ600r,got the FZR of flea bay for £660, full service history upto 21,000 miles and its done 31,000 miles , i have just had to put a new rectifier on as it was cooking the battery but other than that everything seems fine

with this been ny first FZR is there anything i should be keeping a eye on, what is there weak spot , i know there is a issue with second gear jumping out but mine seems fine, im going to drop the oil and put new filters in etc then it will be sorted for spring

22102009012.jpg

22102009013.jpg

A couple of photo of my KH400 triple which i rebuilt last year

05072006393.jpg

SN850152kh.jpg

and my dead GPZ which as gone to scrapyard heaven

SN850303-1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow thats tidy, only 2 things as far as i know with FZR's. The rectifiers die inexplicably and they rot like old apples. That bike has been treated like royalty to be in that nick, or its had a cosmetic rebuild.

Looking at that front wheel its as clean on the inside as it is on the outside so i'd say its been re done, dipped and coated etc. If thats the case then you really have dropped lucky, enjoy.

:welcome: to the forum Al. I likes the 600's when finances and other half are in alignment I might go get me one.

nice bikes and the kwacker must have cost a bit to restore as the NOS prices are high :eusa_drool:

Hi boys and girls

yet another newbie , been meaning to join for ages , but just never got round to it , but today i have , mostly into to 2 strokes, but just bought a FZR600 3HE after been paid out on the insurance on my GPZ600r,got the FZR of flea bay for £660, full service history upto 21,000 miles and its done 31,000 miles , i have just had to put a new rectifier on as it was cooking the battery but other than that everything seems fine

with this been ny first FZR is there anything i should be keeping a eye on, what is there weak spot , i know there is a issue with second gear jumping out but mine seems fine, im going to drop the oil and put new filters in etc then it will be sorted for spring

22102009012.jpg

22102009013.jpg

A couple of photo of my KH400 triple which i rebuilt last year

05072006393.jpg

SN850152kh.jpg

and my dead GPZ which as gone to scrapyard heaven

SN850303-1.jpg

very nice, dry miles only by the looks of it, but you keept your kh in grate sunny side up too. :welcome: stay safe

Wow thats tidy, only 2 things as far as i know with FZR's. The rectifiers die inexplicably and they rot like old apples. That bike has been treated like royalty to be in that nick, or its had a cosmetic rebuild.

Looking at that front wheel its as clean on the inside as it is on the outside so i'd say its been re done, dipped and coated etc. If thats the case then you really have dropped lucky, enjoy.

the photo make it look better than it looks, but I have spent some serious time cleaning though , i got a fantastic polish that smells like almonds and took all the years and years of grime and it came up a treat, the wheels have been painted , think they will be coming off and i will be getting them powder coated ,there is a few scratches here and there on the lower part of the fairing where the airduct is you can just see a slight blemish (darker red) but it not had a cosmetic rebuilt think i have just dropped lucky

I bought the triple like this

100_1247.jpg

and a bit of this

bikekh250kh400001.jpg

and £1500

bikekh250kh400015.jpg

bikePictures010.jpg

12042009345_0002.jpg

05072006399.jpg

Wellcome to the Y.O.C. , FZR AL !

Very nice machines you got there !

:yeahthat:

welcome to the madhouse ,nice bikes but i prefere to ride them than polish them,call me lazy if you must,but thats me.

welcome to the madhouse ,nice bikes but i prefere to ride them than polish them,call me lazy if you must,but thats me.

YOUR LAZY. <_< You couldn't put together a four piece jigsaw even IF you had the picture. :o (Battery terminal - need I say more?)

Nice KH there. Lovely to see someone who can fettle their bikes instead of just wringing their necks.

ATB

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online