Mirror repair

wild foamy
This post is 5424 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

is there a way to repair cracked mirrors at minimal cost?, i have two that i broke on my DT (one when i slipped off in a wet car park, the other when it fell over in the garage and smashed the mirror against the wall) and rather than fork out £30 for another set of universal mirrors for the Jawa would it be possible to repair the old mirrors and use them instead?.

one of them just has a large crack down the middle of the glass, the other one has no glass at all, so maybe i could fill it in and put something else in there?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

one of them just has a large crack down the middle of the glass, the other one has no glass at all, so maybe i could fill it in and put something else in there?

What about a photograph of Bungle out of Rainbow, you like him ? :)

What about a photograph of Bungle out of Rainbow, you like him ? :)

Why not put a photo of an R1 in the mirrors and pretend youre really going fast... ;)

C'mon zippy your being extreme,

hi all,

i suppose if u can get the mirror unit open (without cracking the plastics - if it can be opened, that is) just take the old piece down to the mirror shop/glazer and ask em to cut you a piece of that size.. tigerseal it shut again (but beware, it aint gonna come apart again after using tigerseal!) or i suppose u can just use silicone (but not as strong) ;)

hope his helps

silicon will hold it as long as you keep below the ton :D

i ued it on my lada estate and it only shook loose at about 110mph :lol:

If you stop looking into them, they will stop breaking foamy.

I suggest a polished stainless steel replacement panel. that way, you can still admire your mug.

silicon will hold it as long as you keep below the ton :D

i ued it on my lada estate and it only shook loose at about 110mph metres per hour??? :lol:

put a front end picture of OG's bike in the mirrors, then you will think you are faster than him!!!

put a front end picture of OG's bike in the mirrors, then you will think you are faster than him!!!

dont need to, i know im faster than him ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online