foot brake

barwell1992
This post is 5477 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right im new to riding a big bike and for the life of me i carnt get to the foot break with out it fealing like im shoving my foot underthe bike is there a way that i can bring it further out from the enguin at all ??

soz not doing verry well with spelling to day lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Youve been riding scooters for tooo long You will get used to it but it may feel very odd at first because your feet are lower...stick with it and take it easy.

not sure its that i was ok on the 125cc waas fine on my 250cc quad

and my mum also thorght the same when she first rode the bike

Thats just my point...and is mum used to it now?

ye she has but she sead it is further in than all the other bikes shes had like badit 600,sv650s,r6 and the problem i have is i have verry big calfs so im literly bending my ancle in to get to it

ye she has but she sead it is further in than all the other bikes shes had like badit 600,sv650s,r6 and the problem i have is i have verry big calfs so im literly bending my ancle in to get to it

I would give it a while and if you cant get used to it or feel its a safety issue then have a word with an engineering fabrication company about bending /cutting/welding it into a more acceptable position.

I would give it a while and if you cant get used to it or feel its a safety issue then have a word with an engineering fabrication company about bending /cutting/welding it into a more acceptable position.

ok cheers not a bad idea

ok cheers not a bad idea

Aye dan --- has the bike been dropped at one time ?? If so this might have bent the lever in +lower than the norm .A trip to the bike shop and measure up same model ;)

Aye dan --- has the bike been dropped at one time ?? If so this might have bent the lever in +lower than the norm .A trip to the bike shop and measure up same model ;)

hi

no it hasent and i have had a look at a cople in the shops and they are all the same but we all a gree (mum dad and me) that they are quite far in compaird to the norm so may ask yamaha to have a look for us at some point

just a thought, but maybe the brake lever from an XT or similar bike would fit?, jsut make sure they have the same diameter shaft and number of splines

haha i think 6ft2 is tall enough without platforms :P

and ye the xt seems ok so might have a look

ok cheers not a bad idea

Hi Dan

Perhaps its just out of adjustment ? I would guess Yamaha ergonomics are correct (along with other larger manufacturers ) so if the if there is no visible to the lever and the lever appears to be in the correct position this may indicate some form of adjustment is needed... but I guess you have tried that.

Regards Jim

ye i have had a look but the only way its ajustable is up and down and thats not the problem the problem is it need bringing out but the only way i could do this would be a full on mod or to bend the break out a bit but not wanting to do that but as i sead may get them to have a look when its serviced

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online