scaryy as.....

niiick
This post is 5476 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well yesterday, i went out on my bike for a spin, decided to pick this girl up, was dropping her off by her friends house, as i was about to stop, was ghoing about 40 mph into a nasty bend, my brake pad decides to fall out, what a scary momeny when you have a girl on the back of you who has no helmet on, didnt crash tho, just skidddddded on my chunky monkey tyres, anyone know whast would have caused my break pad to fall out? thanks lovelys ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well yesterday, i went out on my bike for a spin, decided to pick this girl up, was dropping her off by her friends house, as i was about to stop, was ghoing about 40 mph into a nasty bend, my brake pad decides to fall out, what a scary momeny when you have a girl on the back of you who has no helmet on, didnt crash tho, just skidddddded on my chunky monkey tyres, anyone know whast would have caused my break pad to fall out? thanks lovelys ;)

Hi,

I would guess the pads are worn out or the caliper is seized up holding it to the one side ..... or is it somewhat more sinister....... have you made any enemies recently ?

Regards Jim

anyone know whast would have caused my break pad to fall out? thanks lovelys ;)

You wasn't riding over the "Brakeon Beacons" by any chance were you?

wear a helmet..................

You wasn't riding over the "Brakeon Beacons" by any chance were you?

no just in the local village, the brake works when there are pads in there, but the other pad i took out was shot tooo so im guessing that they went down to the metal and fell tho the little gap like, gota wait till tuesday for a shop to be open now :/ its dodgy only havinmg a back brake.

Neglect! The same neglect that allows a passenger to be on the back without a helmet.

:yeahthat:

suck me off lads, it was 1 in the morning and i was taking her about a quater of a mile home

I stand by what I said I think your brakes wore out and spat the pads out because youre a twat and dont look after your bike, and also give scant regard to others safety the fact that it was 1 in the morning makes toss all difference, you may have not noticed that i'm a moderator here and your'e on thin ice, you have been warned.

I stand by what I said I think your brakes wore out and spat the pads out because youre a twat and dont look after your bike, and also give scant regard to others safety the fact that it was 1 in the morning makes toss all difference, you may have not noticed that i'm a moderator here and your'e on thin ice, you have been warned.

what you on about i put new pads on there 2 weeks ago, and as for i dont look after my bike, i have taken the whole thing apart and re built it since i bought it 4 weeks ago, you might be a moderator but the only reason im hear is because i love bikes just as the next guy, i think its silly and childish blocking people from using forums. yeah you might be a bitm ore respected than i am on here, but i dont really care. and tbh i aint a twat, the girl just wanted to get home as it was raining and it was quicker for her to get home, i been riding bikes for years, i have experience i wasnt going to fall off on an empty back road in the middle of the welsh valley at 1 oclock in the morning. yeah you can delete my account on here if you so wish. but that is just childish behavior, i know, you will probably say that it was childish behavior me bunking a girl without a helmet, yeah i know it was i aint done it before, but as i just explained it was raining and she wanted to get home.

the girl just wanted to get home as it was raining

Yeah, maybe we just have a different perspective to you.

To me, logic would suggest that - since it was raining, you would be more likely to fall off.

And a pretty girl fluttering her eyelashes at me, wouldn't change my mind.

tbh i aint a twat
This may be true, but from where I'm sitting - you certainly sound like one.

Ok so you are not a twat you are a f****wit twat in my book, but if you had new pads a week ago then how the feck are they worn out, something is very wrong i suggest you get someone who knows about bikes too look at them before you and the brain dead bint that got on your bike without a helmet end up another statistic, now i suggest you do not ride the bike with only a back brake as that is a recipe for a trip the casualty department at the very least, biking does not need the likes of you giving us a bad reputation,

Merv

Ok so you are not a twat you are a f****wit twat in my book, but if you had new pads a week ago then how the feck are they worn out, something is very wrong i suggest you get someone who knows about bikes too look at them before you and the brain dead bint that got on your bike without a helmet end up another statistic, now i suggest you do not ride the bike with only a back brake as that is a recipe for a trip the casualty department at the very least, biking does not need the likes of you giving us a bad reputation,

Merv

thanks guys, not really, haha, i wont be coming back here, you all a bunch of wankers, and tbh you saying "someone who knows about bikes" and ikm sitting here with a diploma in moter veichle mechanics and going on to study it in uni, thanks a lot guys, only wanted to feckin know your opinions on the brake pads, dont reli give a fuck, only crash as much in the rain as i do in the dry. and riding around with a back brake aint hard at all if you ask me, i used to ride a push bike around with no fuckin brakes for fuck sake. fuck u all

thanks guys, not really, haha, i wont be coming back here, you all a bunch of wankers, and tbh you saying "someone who knows about bikes" and ikm sitting here with a diploma in moter veichle mechanics and going on to study it in uni, thanks a lot guys, only wanted to feckin know your opinions on the brake pads, dont reli give a fuck, only crash as much in the rain as i do in the dry. and riding around with a back brake aint hard at all if you ask me, i used to ride a push bike around with no fuckin brakes for fuck sake. fuck u all

Should have done English while he was there.

"He's a natural aint'cher Tyrone"

"Natural f#cking idiot"

Oh dear! There is so much wrong here I don't know where to start...

So more dummy out of the pram shit from you, take a week off and polish your fucking diploma you slapped arsed twerp, I dont give a shit if you dont come back after your little holiday.

another kid, who comes on here and procedes to tell us whats what! <_< Cant see the problem with the brakes, so i won't comment, however a pillion with no helmet is very silly, only 1/4 mile? make her walk.

Don't come back Chav.

Oh dear! There is so much wrong here I don't know where to start...

I guess are Welsh friend is a little unhappy with the responses he got. Riding a bike with what could be a provisional licence, carrying a passenger (sans helmet) & defective brakes .... Plod would had a field day if they had been around at that moment and perhaps the anger would have been vented at them rather than people here who appear to say 'he had a close call' .... but why was he doing it in the first place ?.... Years ago B4 I had a full ticket for a bike ... girls where there to produce a damp patch on the seat and then walk home. After my test was passed I may condesend to give them a lift after as long as they were legal (helmet) else they walked .. whatever time of day ! (most of what was wrong to start with). Then the outburst implying that he is more qualified than the people he asked the question of .... Perhaps english should have been added to the course..... So if he is so qualified why was the question asked in the first place.

Regards Jim

"Perhaps english should have been added to the course..... So if he is so qualified why was the question asked in the first place"

maybe the F%*&wit twat cant read the course notes :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online