Spending cash i aint got, on me transport.

Billy Balthorpe
This post is 5524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Me toys are costin me a bloody fortune at the moment.

Fighterblade.

All panels sent away for smoothing and spraying a nice shiny black. £200.00 paid (not bad!).

New front tyre needed BT014, 7K miles minimum. Got to get it done on Saturday £100.00.

New wiring loom £50.00 paid

Thunderace.

New downpipes from DK. £150.00 paid.

Throttle position sensor from same. £35.00 paid.

New C+S kit, got to order them this week. £110.00.

K+N Filter, got to order this week. £40.00.

Sports rack got a couple of weeks to get that, £45.00

Skoda Superb

All belts, cam belt kit, tensioners, filters, oil, full service. £350.00 paid.

2 new tyres. £160.00 paid.

New top arm and fitting got to get it this weekend £50.00.

Full valet before the wife has it as her car, next week. £40.00.

Me

Held Freezer gloves £75.00 paid.

Alpinestars jacket £200.00 paid.

I havent added this up yet so i think its going to be a bit of a shock to me.

Paid £1265.00. SHIT!!! For Gods sake someone tell me i've added it up wrong, please?

To pay £340.00. Same here!

Oh bugger! I spent a grand buying the 'Ace a few weeks ago as well!

Thank heavens for the overdraft.

On the plus side, me mate reckons he will be able to weld up me blowing downpipes and flog em on ebay, and i've decide to break me high spec but crappy looking Mini to realise some cash. I'm going onto the company car scheme so no more petrol and repair bills, but i will pay more tax.

Ahh well, its all got to be done, and once its done thats it, no more surprises except maybe a pair of tyres for the Euro Trip this year.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Me toys are costin me a bloody fortune at the moment.

Skoda Superb

Full valet before the wife has it as her car, next week. £40.00.

Save yourslef the £40 and just say, here's a free car dear, but you might hav to give it a wash!

no more surprises except maybe a pair of tyres for the Euro Trip this year.

You can use the £40 you saved to by a tank or two of fuel for your trip......

I do love a good old "look at how much i've spent" thread.

Want me to delete it? I can do if it offends you. Its not a "Look how much i've spent", its more of a "For christ's sake look how much i've spent, i'm skint!" thread.

Plus it gives people a chance to tell everyone about their "pre-season" spends.

Want me to delete it? I can do if it offends you. Its not a "Look how much i've spent", its more of a "For christ's sake look how much i've spent, i'm skint!" thread.

dont wory about it mate it makes a change from reading about all these folk who are now out of hibernation and are going for there first ride of the year! nodding at every man and his dog well roll on winter when it gets back to normality and the rest of us out there day in day out can stop nodding at all these fair weather bikers on there toys. my bike aint no toy its my preffered form transport, my passion in life and i envy any one lucky enough to spend that sort of money on something they enjoy so much, enjoy it while you can before this bloody goverment put an end to it with there 50mph limits and stealth boxes and any other stupid ideas they come up with ( got that of my chest lol)

Got a call from Bart the sprayer this afternoon, me 'Blade panels and tank are ready. I pick em up on Saturday and should have them fitted by the aft. Then i can start do put the stuff on the Ace while still riding the 'Blade.

Should look good for the egg run on Sunday.

Errrrmmmm.........where exactly did i say i was offended?

And when i said i love a good "look at how much i've spent thread" thats exactly what i meant - i like to see what folk have bought for their P & J's - nothing more, nothing less - pretty much how i like to show what i've bought for my bike/spent on ink/blown on beer - the latest being £6.5K on a spankin new bike in February........so.....

TBH, im not sure why you seem to have taken the hump :question:

Sorry mate, wrong end of the stick. ;)

New here and would rather pull a thread than have a row.

You didnt say you were offended, i just offered to remove it if you were, you're not, so i wont. :D

Sorry mate, wrong end of the stick. ;)

Its Miss - i am of the female species.....although some of our more established members would try to argue that.....the terms "she-devil", "biatch" and "Satans Finest" are terms of endearment i have become somewhat used to...... ;)

Consider yourself forgiven..... :D

New here and would rather pull a thread than have a row.

We dont do much of that round here and you'll soon find your feet - although photographic evidendce of you pulling a thread might be good....... :D

You didnt say you were offended, i just offered to remove it if you were, you're not, so i wont. :D

Takes a lot to offend me - they dont call me Mistress on here for nowt..... :lol:

they dont call me Mistress on here for nowt..... :lol:

"High heels and pink underwear" springs to mind... :huh:

i am/was bringing in about £150 a month at Currys (working saturdays only), most of that gets spent on fuel and oil... the rest goes towards my Ford Capri and my Ireland tour, i never have enough cash to spend on shiny bits and pieces :(

"High heels and pink underwear" springs to mind... :huh:

i am/was bringing in about £150 a month at Currys (working saturdays only), most of that gets spent on fuel and oil... the rest goes towards my Ford Capri and my Ireland tour, i never have enough cash to spend on shiny bits and pieces :(

Yeah, fair enough. Ive been there mate and like you had to work hard to keep my YPVS and £150 Allegro (for winter) on the road.

The first time i went on a bike trip was the IOM in '88, it took a year to save the money and we camped in the pissing down rain for 4 days over the first weekend, bloody miserable but at least i was there, on me bike, in the IOM at the TT, totally skint but loving it.

Keep the faith and keep working to get what you want.

Its Miss - i am of the female species.....

You are still 'mate' to me, Big G.

All bikers are. Because they're bikers. Not male, not female, not nothin'..... 'cept fellow bikers.

Takes a lot to offend me

Sounds like a challenge!!

the rest goes towards my Ford Capri

Oh, tell me you've gone the whole hog and put a CB radio in there?

All the decent Capris round here have one - It's gotta be done!!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online