Near Miss...

HalHark
This post is 5515 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just leaving the town i live in doing 60mph on a slight bend, i saw a Grey people carrier waiting at an exit to a horse riding place. Assuming he had seen me (Which should of been easy as the line of sight was clear) i didn't ease off... Then bang he goes and pulls out. Slammed the anchors on thankfully (luckily) i managed to manouver and pass him on the inside stopping a few metres infront of him. He just drives passed me as if nothing had happened... I followed him to some traffic lights, pulled up beside him and asked him politely "What the fuck are you playing at you twat" He replied "You weren't at the bend when i pulled out" and "You were going far to fast" Hmmm... OK. If he was a few years younger id of twat'd him! Nice start to the ride....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a tractor saw us comming near rivington today and pulled out anyway. travelled at least 3 mph only to u turn 2 yards later. my mate was livid and I thought there was going to be a fight!!!

My hubby had i dickhead blame him for a near miss, hubby passed him on a straight road and so did 2 other bikes before him, the prick was towing a trailer anyway further up the road the traffic lights had turned red so the 3 bikes stopped only for the trailer towing dick to run into the side of hubbies bike as the lights turned green and try and push him into the hedge, at the next set of traffic lights hubby got off his bike and grabbed the bloke by the scruff of the neck and asked him why he had done it his reply was "because i hate you bikers overtaking me " the hubby was so angry he started to raise his fist as he was shaking this bloke but the wife put the window up and off they drove. We were waiting for weeks for the cops to turn up but they didnt thankgod ;)

Glad it was a 'Miss' Halhark, shame of it all is the twat pootled off on his merry way believeing he'd done nothing wrong at all and that he's a good driver!

I must say I am a regular user of the button under the indicators, even if they may have seen me, quick beep and a nod as I go by just to say 'thanks for noticing me'

Scary though how many drivers visibly jump when I use the horn, like where the feck did that come from ? :o

Cheers fella's! I don't know whether he genuinely didn't see me or whether he just misjudged the time it would take for me to reach him, either way i think he was in the wrong... The sad thing is he had 3 girls in the car with him, wouldn't of been very nice for them if i joined them through the rear window...! That's only the second time that has happened in 2 years so at least everyone isn't incapable of seeing further than the end of there bonnet!

I have been known to stop my bike in the middle of the road, get off, and have a real pop at a driver for almost killing me.

its not big, its not clever, and in this day and age its not really wise.

But then again if they think twice about looking out for bikers......thats only a good thing.

was out for a blast on wednesday round some twisty roads i no

some 4X4 pulls out, me and my mate on his bike see it fine, but the arse decides to pull over to let us past just after the corner, nice of him to let us past but geez as least give us time to see him after the corner..

then going over a hill front wheel was up and i wheelied into the town hahaha good times

I have been known to stop my bike in the middle of the road, get off, and have a real pop at a driver for almost killing me.

its not big, its not clever, and in this day and age its not really wise.

But then again if they think twice about looking out for bikers......thats only a good thing.

Neithers kicking wing mirrors off. But that is what my mate does when someone pulls out in front of him, say's it'll teach em to look harder next time!!!!

Neithers kicking wing mirrors off. But that is what my mate does when someone pulls out in front of him, say's it'll teach em to look harder next time!!!!

i will admit, i also do that...

best part is when the sun is out and you get all those mid-life crisis pricks out in their BMW convertables, one sharp downward pull on the wingmirror and you can leisurely pass it back to them through the open window or chuck it on the back seat if the ragtop is down, before filtering away through the traffic jam :)

another good one is when the White Van Man decides to pull a stunt and almost take me off, at the next traffic light, get as close as you can and write as much profanity as you can on the back door before riding off again.

The ringroad is my playpen :)

Like you, I ride a bike. And like you probably do too,

I drive car.

All I can add is my own personal self preservation bike rule... which you might

agree with....

When I am on my bike... I am on duty!

I don't expect, assume or believe the majority of cars on the road

know I am here and as such, I must be defensive.

My only weapons are ...

To warn them by ear (a loud bike)

To attract attention visually (headlight on)

To be on duty ... suppose they ain't seen me rather than believe they have...

I know it isn't fool proof....but....I am probably the best person

equipped to avoid the average car drivers danger to myself on my

beloved R6.

(Turn, indicate and then look...that's what car drivers do!)

Car drivers on their 'phones....urrgghhhh.

You can spot the one's ahead of you texting....

because they'll drift distinctly off line/over lanes.

Car drivers chatting on the 'phone tend to slow up

or appear speed limit oblivious.

The most outrageous telephonically occupied driver

I ever encountered had a 'phone in each hand, steering

alternately with the person-on-phone-inhand that he

wasn't listening to, while holding the person-on-phone-to ear

that he was listening to.

I duly got well away from him!