Chrome Polish which one ??

MIG
This post is 5428 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1 for Autosol.

Works well enough on both Chrome and the Taskmistress's silverware.

Blegom Alu all the way

Brings up the chrome lovely and contains a wax additive that protects and seals the polished metal for several weeks meaning when you get mucjk on it all you have to do is hose it off - and it dont take ages to polish up like Autosol :D

There's a reason why bikers with Cruisers have big muscles - Long time outside getting suntanned while polishing bike with Autosol!!

There's a reason why bikers with Cruisers have big muscles - Long time outside getting suntanned while polishing bike with Autosol!!

I take it you dont use it then :P

Great guys thnx !

1- We now have Belgom advised by Gof ;-)

2- Autosol by the granny's butler :-)

3- Blue Job (I wonder what the marketing guy's assistant was doing in the meeting when they thought of that brand name ?)

We have two good ones, hmmm decisions decisions ... ....

the good thing about all this chrome, who needs to go to the gym after polishing ;-)

I take it you dont use it then :P

Once in a blue moon, maybe.

Scrawny and proud of it, babe ;)

whats the best thing to get the dinge off of aluminum?

on my dt the case seems to have black spiderwebby marks all over. it is smooth so its not a chemical etch. just old tarnished and baked in. no amount of rotopolishing with dremmel and compounds seems to make much difference. also my shock tubes and hub have done the same thing. I would like to renew the finish but its like there is some sort of invisible shield over the din. dosent seem to be clearcoated.

whats the best thing to get the dinge off of aluminum?

on my dt the case seems to have black spiderwebby marks all over. it is smooth so its not a chemical etch. just old tarnished and baked in. no amount of rotopolishing with dremmel and compounds seems to make much difference. also my shock tubes and hub have done the same thing. I would like to renew the finish but its like there is some sort of invisible shield over the din. dosent seem to be clearcoated.

For the Chrome I've been using Mother's. Ya get that over there?

On unfinished aluminum I use Mother's again. Aluminum cleaner. Works great!!

Bergom Alu is fantastic also try Meguires NXT metal polish very very good........Autosol is pretty crap unless your gona try and restore alloy thats badly oxidised as it has a high abrasive content.

I've been polishing metal now for well over 20 yrs and have tried / used them ALL i'd only recommend the two i've mentioned.

If you just want to clean the chrome Auto Glym actually recommend using their super resin polish .I wouldn't use solvol autosol unless the chrome is pitted or tarnished as it is slightly abbrasive and can scratch the chrome. Tony.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried 'CIF' lemon cream (got to have bike smelly nice LOL !!!) on chrome, works a treat and its far cheaper than expensive chrome polishes.

Don't go nuts with it though and keep it off matt paint surfaces !

MIG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finest grade wire wool, shiniest Vespas in town.

• 1 month later...

Finest grade wire wool, shiniest Vespas in town.

Just thought I'd say thanks for this bit of advice, thought I'd try cleaning up the exhaust or my SR125 on Sunday and to my surprise got it looking like new and it wasn't even that difficult, just gentle application of wire wool and a bit of chrome cleaner, cheers!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online