In search of a 125

ginger0195
This post is 5484 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you can pick up a YBR good spec for that, probally not even as much as that

YBR - Cant speak highly enough of this bike, reliable, easy to maintain/service, cheap to insure and i get about 70mpg from it! Not the most stylish (check the YZF125R and DT125X) but as an all round package for a learner its hard to beat.

i'm really looking for something a bit faster than a ybr (i've bee told it goes like a wet fart) but i would like a four stroke because of there reliability. Also suggestions that aren't yamahas will not be ignored.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

i'm really looking for something a bit faster than a ybr (i've bee told it goes like a wet fart) but i would like a four stroke because of there reliability. Also suggestions that aren't yamahas will not be ignored.

Adam

[/quot

there 2nd hand cbr 125 ..advise not get ...personaly dont lik it

brand new ybr 125 advise u to get 1 az they r reallly relible .....i mean supppper

our if u push for 3000 get my bike yzf r 125 fast 78 mph and very fast of the line

get ybr tho plzzz cuz its realible and if u go hard on it the engine still takes it

I love my ybr I get about 75mph on the flat out of my bike the speed depends on your size and weight on the bike my mate only gets about 70 out of his but he is a bigger guy. it's easy to clean and cheap to run i get about 250 miles on £6 nothing has gone wrong after 4000 miles (except the car that didn't look on a roundabout). I paid 2k for mine but that included getting all my gear and insurance.

I just had the chain tightened suspension stiffened as well as tyres changed cost me £90 for that work to be done it's now picking up quicker and handles so much nicer.

I can't speak highly enough of the bike it may not have the looks and speed but it is still so much fun the R125 has a bit more speed and looks better but the price tag is about double. I did look at the honda CG but went for the ybr for a number of reasons alloy wheels rather than spokes much easier to clean, rack at the back of it easier to mount top box side stand for convenience.

If you want a cheap 125 try www.superbykes.co.uk they do a sports 125 for around 1500 not sure how good it is but it's cheap. you get what you pay for is all i will say

my advice is not tospend anything like all of your budget on whatever you buy. £1500 is a lot of money for something you might not want after a year.

get a 6 or 7 year old bike for 600, and keep the difference foryour next bike.

i would be looking at a more basic 125, as that way if you drop it its less to repair and its far less depressing.

btw, only 2 stroke 125s which are (properly)derestricted will give decent performance, but avoid aprialia RS125s like the plague secondhand.

good luck and dont buy the 1st bike you see, have a good look around.

alright mate, I would get a DTR 125 i have one myself and they are good bikes they run well they are good on fuel and with a Dep exhaust fitted they are quite quick.

I love my ybr I get about 75mph on the flat out of my bike the speed depends on your size and weight on the bike my mate only gets about 70 out of his but he is a bigger guy. it's easy to clean and cheap to run i get about 250 miles on £6 nothing has gone wrong after 4000 miles (except the car that didn't look on a roundabout). I paid 2k for mine but that included getting all my gear and insurance.

I just had the chain tightened suspension stiffened as well as tyres changed cost me £90 for that work to be done it's now picking up quicker and handles so much nicer.

I can't speak highly enough of the bike it may not have the looks and speed but it is still so much fun the R125 has a bit more speed and looks better but the price tag is about double. I did look at the honda CG but went for the ybr for a number of reasons alloy wheels rather than spokes much easier to clean, rack at the back of it easier to mount top box side stand for convenience.

If you want a cheap 125 try www.superbykes.co.uk they do a sports 125 for around 1500 not sure how good it is but it's cheap. you get what you pay for is all i will say

sorry but i doubt you get 250 miles out of £6

alright mate, I would get a DTR 125 i have one myself and they are good bikes they run well they are good on fuel and with a Dep exhaust fitted they are quite quick.

I have a couple of friends with dt's and they tell me that they arent reliable starting, is this true?

Adam

sorry but i doubt you get 250 miles out of £6

Ok i got 220 out of it the past two weeks filled up £6.10 just going back and forth to work 22 mile round trip thats taking it easy it's 30mph speed limit all the way i don't get that much if i fly around. It's at the bottom of the red now will need to fill it up before i go anywhere but i have a full weekend.

I have a couple of friends with dt's and they tell me that they arent reliable starting, is this true?

Adam

Hi - my Dtr always starts the first time everytime ,your freinds bikes must have some issues or need a service.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - my Dtr always starts the first time everytime ,your freinds bikes must have some issues or need a service.

try looking at the aprilia rs125 its a real quick bike for a 125 you can get one derestricted for about 1500 or less

• 8 months later...

Adam

they are realiable but you need the nack to start them once you fit a race exhaust especially on cold mornings

HTH