make a break for it?

mr bignal
This post is 2818 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

although we've got no money after a load of unexpected expenses i'm going to have to make a break for it, local rides are ok but sometimes you need a real change of scene. thing is, will i get up in time, will the bike start and after tonight's wedding reception do will i be in any fit state? It remains to be seen...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well, it's wales, not the south west because that's 150 miles of clag to get to tiverton even. wales was made for bikes.

however, no bike preparation so far and whether i can haul myself out of bed in time tomorrow? don't know yet :)

my video from last year (no just joking) - this guy doesn't let solid white lines or holiday traffic get in the way - i'll be going at a more sedate pace  - if i go :)

• Like 1

Looks a lovely route! :yeah: 

yes - it seems that wales got quite a lot of economic community money to improve their 'a' roads - then they voted for brexit this year haha

oil topped up, fuel tank full, chain lubed - haven't checked the tyres yet...can't find my spare i litre fuel bottle, takes the stress out for running low.

the wedding reception do was good - in a field with marques, little lights, fantastic - we saw the sun go down

but guess what - even though it appeared to be in the middle of nowhere, across a few fields, about a mile away was bullingdon high security prison

that's where rolf harris lives at the moment apparently. I thought of him painting in his cell as i queued at the bar.

• Like 1

Nice plan, did 70 miles today with the daughter on the back. She now has proper experience of bum death. TDR seat not up to FJ levels. Not by a LOOOOOOOOONG way.

Its conveniently heated by the exhausts too.:blush:

• Like 2

I wouldn't expect too much from an FJ seat, my Mrs still gets a numb arse

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2cdhog5.jpg

made itit to caernarvon wales and back - 19hrs  left at 6am y/d back 1 am today visited a few places including porthmadog, Tytyn and hay on wye so not totally direct - 528 miles altogether, have to admit the seat was the weak link. That's my personal iron butt award best i think :) i was 66 today, got to do something mad when it's your birthday haven't you? Well I think so anyway.

• Like 5

happy Birthday Ian.

I'm lucky living in manchester as have access to yorkshire, staffs, wales, lake disctrict, derby and lancs all within 2-3hours

1 hour ago, drewpy said:

happy Birthday Ian.

I'm lucky living in manchester as have access to yorkshire, staffs, wales, lake disctrict, derby and lancs all within 2-3hours

thanks, the wirral as well, south part against the dee is nice, well i like it anyway :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mr bignal said:

thanks, the wirral as well, south part against the dee is nice, well i like it anyway :)

my daughter use to call it "the squirrel" when she was about 2. went to new brighton every weekend then

Happy belated birthday!:birthday:

Looks like you had fun! :) 

• Like 1

yes these trips do me the world of good, i get stir crazy cooped up on our housing estate and start ranting about things that annoy me to the wife until eventually she gives me the money, then i'm ok for a few months - perhaps i need psychiatric help :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mr bignal said:

yes these trips do me the world of good, i get stir crazy cooped up on our housing estate and start ranting about things that annoy me to the wife until eventually she gives me the money, then i'm ok for a few months - perhaps i need psychiatric help :)

no, you just need to get out more. :)

• Like 2

yes suppose so, go across london every two weeks to visit my mother who is still living alone in the family house at 92 but that's a gruesome trip, 83 miles of horribleness each way, if the weather is good i extend it south to the a272 sometimes but it is still a long congested drag however you spin it, worst are the m/ways with peeps pulling out and across in their hurry plus all the trucks overtaking each other, last time i recall the m25 with the first 3 lanes of lorries all trying to get past each other and then a luton van in the fast lane with a load of backed up stuff behind - i could go on, so you see it's not just the estate :)

latest thing is this guy (actually quite a nice bloke) in a street away but located in such a way that we aren't that far from his garden has, i think, retired, built a huge shed and now seems to be cutting wood on a regular basis, you know those high speed power disc things that make a shrill screaming screech? anyway it was good to have a rest from that, but still winter soon, all the windows shut and too cold to frig about with cutting wood, i hope.

o0o2mu.jpg

another picture from the trip to lighten the mood  -' ledbury early in the morning'

On 8/6/2016 at 1:46 PM, mr bignal said:

well, it's wales, not the south west because that's 150 miles of clag to get to tiverton even. wales was made for bikes.

however, no bike preparation so far and whether i can haul myself out of bed in time tomorrow? don't know yet :)

my video from last year (no just joking) - this guy doesn't let solid white lines or holiday traffic get in the way - i'll be going at a more sedate pace  - if i go :)

His throttle timing/control is appalling, 

• Who's Online (See full list)