Bike got stolen

Grouch
This post is 2954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good advice above Grouch, a simple "FUCK OFF" alarm would suit you fine, you don't need the full bunny anyway so a simple shouty flashy job should see you right. Cost should be about £15 for one like that.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had a look at those alarms, tons of features and i like the remotes. But some features do seem a bit unsafe. Like remote start.. seems like it kind of reduces security overall, as well as having to disable immob as mentioned, if you drop your key, thieves dont even need to work out which vehicle it belongs to, press a button, off they go! I especially like the remote 'anti hijack' feature, where you can kill the engine remotely. But as above also worried this could go wrong! Also is that legal? haha. Additional feature I would like to see; metal wiring in the seat to deliver electric shocks to would be thieves..,

• Like 1

Yep had the full thing on the XJ, even spoke to you and told you to sod off if you got to close, the auto start sounds fine in theory but if you forget to put the key in when you mount up you can end up going round in circles cos the head stock lock is on and if you parked it without that then it can lock on while your riding, not an experience I would want to test. My FJR does not have the Yamaha Immobiliser so no problem fitting it to my bike, the later ones have an immobiliser fitted from the factory, they are made in China !!

• Like 1

Had a mate with a security system like the one linked above. Had it fitted all was well, 2 years later it packed up and killed his moped at a traffic light, removing them is a pain, they're like a rats nest of random wires that are a cancer to your loom. I'd go with something like an Oxford Screamer. Like Slice said, a simple "fuck off alarm" would do the job well probably, thieves are simple creatures, confused by the Alphabet and loud noises. But if you ant one with a remote and such, I'd be sure to get a high quality Jap one.

What are your thoughts on devices you can text with sim card inside that text back with GPS info should bike be taken?

Simon only tells you where it last was, once it's nicked it's in bits within a couple of hours and parted out by the end of the day. 50% of stolen bikes are never found let alone tracked, a dedicated company can take on you bike, they only deal with stolen bikes and they only get 50% back as well, these guys are good at what they do, it's their living and they steal to order. If your bike is unusual or even common they have someone waiting for the parts.

Thanks for the input guys. The silly thing is I have an alarm still in the box that I never got round to fitting. It's just a cheap one the same as I had on the XT. It has has the remote start etc but I'm not bothering with any of that I just want the alarm. The mrs's sisters husband is an auto electrician so once I have a new ignition hopefully he will sort it and the alarm for *cough *cough free. 

• Like 1

Oh FFS Grouch !!! What are you like? :o

On 20/03/2016 at 7:25 PM, Simon46 said:

What are your thoughts on devices you can text with sim card inside that text back with GPS info should bike be taken?

Simon, I ththought about that a while ago but the problem would be charging the phone all the time.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:54 PM, KevtheRev said:

A courier I used to work with had wires from his HT coil  laced around the handgrips like lockwire . When leaving the bike unattended he'd flick a switch in under the tank and arm his security/torture device . 

Bet he forgot to turn it off at LEAST once,:wacko:

• Like 2

But it's the kind of mistake you make only once! Haha

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/25/2016 at 3:35 PM, finnerz89 said:

But it's the kind of mistake you make only once! Haha

Like taking off in a wheelie with your steering lock on ?  I wonder what idiot could have done that ? (whistles... )

• Like 1

I imagine so yeah!

Ignition ordered and dispatched today!!!! Progress has been slow but it will happen soon. God how I miss my bike. Nearly 3 months of buses. 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online