Clearing 2-stroke exhaust of Oil

bootz1
This post is 3140 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone. Im having issues with my V50 atm where my exhaust is full of oil. The previous owners use to run car engine oil through the pre mix system instead of normal 2 stroke oil (it says motor oil on the cap and they got confused) so im wondering what methods are best to clear it out so the bike can breath. Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oven cleaner. Nastiest you can find. Plug one end then pour in.

Plug the other end and turn it over several times then leave overnight.

Fill with tilt cleaner leave for 30 mins and steam clean out don't forget your ppe, tilt cleaner is nasty stuff but dissolves oil like magic

Thinners wont touch the carbon. Neither will the derv without scraping, not to mention it will smoke like the qe2 till it burns off.

Jmc oven cleaner. 2quid or so. 

• Like 1

can't you do what we used to do. build a bonfire and chuck it on that.

all carbon gets burned off and just tap out the bits

pre mixing is the answer, I have never had to clean my baffles in the seven years I have had the bike, and nether did my mate in the twelve years he owned it.

although some people like there bikes smoking and oiling up all the time so the choice is yours.

Don't be daft, premixing causes oil build up.

You rag the bollocks out of that. At 3am on a campsite sometimes.

Bikes used properly dont coke up cos the engine gets prpoer hot and burns it off.

Its chugging along in rush hour traffic day after day that chokes em.

• Like 2

bootz1 take a leaf out of my book and rag the bollocks off it till it clears up , but don't get caught .

speaking of which , I got caught not wearing my seatbelt the other day and issued with a £30 fine .

my excuse of riding a bike and not being used to putting it on didn't wash with them.<_<

Well ive taken out the blocked baffles (baffles are fail anyway) and given the pipe a clean through with some degreaser cause it wasnt that bad once the baffles were gone. Now just gotta spiff up the bike, and put it all back together and see how she goes!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online