been thinking of paint for my bike

Tommy xs
This post is 3184 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

second that on the spray cans DSCF4074_zps884d15e5.jpg

original color - dings filled with 2k body filler

IMG_1372_zps7cbe3726.jpg

tank primed painted an cleared with $10 acrylic paints (cheapest you can get here) then wetsanded with p1200

IMG_1431_zpsf87343e3.jpg

after 10 mins of

drill mounted wool buff pad meguiars 105

fine foam pad meguiars 205

I would definitely use 2k clear for the tank, I used acrylic so if you dont wash it off straight away it marrs the paint and you hve to rebuff it. Beware with 2k the isocyanates can cause severe respiratory reactions in some people and cause permanent sensitisation which means any future small exposure can trigger acute respiratory distress syndrome (like anaphylaxis) spray it only with good ventilation and try not to kill the neighbours kids.

the only isocyanate safe mask is a Sundstrom with P3 particle filter and ABE or ABEK filters. I use one and recommend it.

A lot of people dont bother and are fine, then you google and read the stories of people sensitized to iso's.

good luck!

nice result I did paint a tank for it last year but wasn't happy with the resulting colour but it has grown me since so will be using this blue with pearl white

tank1_zps04c64935.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well I had another go at painting my bike today not really happy with it but it will do for now,still got to wet sand it yet and fix a few blemishes. not sure about the white seat though it might grow on me, it a an impulse buy from ebay only £20 and it did give me the idea for this paint scheme as it looked horrible on the all blue bike 

white seat   

black seat

Looks good Tommy, I do like the white seat tho, might get a bit grubby after a while.

No I don't. Need lacquer with this paint 

yeap, white look better

Looks good Tommy, I do like the white seat tho, might get a bit grubby after a while.

two problems with the white seat first its a bit hard second as slice said and it is already starting to look a bit grubby after sitting on my project bike in the garage for about a year.

Not being contrary mate, but I prefer the black seat on it

Great job Tommy! Regarding the seat - the white looks a little too "Pimp Daddy" for my liking. Also worried about how clean it'll remain. Just think - black leather rubbing on them, or new Kevlar jeans getting caught in a downpour... And now you have a light blue seat. Rather embarrassingly happened to me on a ride home from London last year.... Glorious sun turned into flash flooding. By the time I got to my parents my thighs and undies (classy...) had been stained blue...! I won't share pictures on here... Ha ha!

Anyway, I digress... I prefer the black, but having said that I could see a custom seat finish featuring white with something like blue piping to help break up the block of colour.

Great job Tommy! Regarding the seat - the white looks a little too "Pimp Daddy" for my liking. Also worried about how clean it'll remain. Just think - black leather rubbing on them, or new Kevlar jeans getting caught in a downpour... And now you have a light blue seat. Rather embarrassingly happened to me on a ride home from London last year.... Glorious sun turned into flash flooding. By the time I got to my parents my thighs and undies (classy...) had been stained blue...! I won't share pictures on here... Ha ha!

Anyway, I digress... I prefer the black, but having said that I could see a custom seat finish featuring white with something like blue piping to help break up the block of colour.

not forgetting showing up his skid marks :bootyshake::lol:

Thanks bippo think I'm gonna go with the black for practical reasons also not on in the pic the grab rails are black which look out of place with the white.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online