Old bikes.

slice
This post is 3397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks, well just got off the phone with a mate, he has a friend that wants to sell his 3 bikes, A Honda 750/4 1982 model a Kawasaki 750/4 Zephyr1992 model and a Kawasaki 750/4 1980 model. Anyone on here ever had one of these? Any thoughts on what they are like and a general "Are they worth bothering with" type thing, if you've owned one I would like to hear from you cos I have never had any of them and was just wondering if they are right dog's or worth having a fiddle with.

Looks like my new year will start with 3 new bikes in the shed :hyper: if the price is right and I can get SWMBO to agree to actually let go of the notes !!!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I never owned any of those but I had a long term loan (about 9 months whilst my pal was serving a ban) of a Z1100 and had access to the z1000 ( my mate liked my auld Bonnie and would ask to use it on the occasional weekend, so I got his). Going on them I would go for the 1980 Z750. Is it the custom model (750Ltd) if so I would deffo go for that. I always liked the look of they models

Thanks Jimmy, it's not just the one you understand he wants me to take all 3 !

Get the 3, then shift on the Honda. Not too much knowledge but I think the Honda 750/4 had chocolate cams, although it may have been the earlier models

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest Jimmy I have been more than busy with the FJ, got the rear end apart at the moment and just not had time to give the guy a call.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this , The kwak 750-4 it must be the LTD custom, either that or the Z2 :eusa_think: it was only available in japan,, The Zephers are a good workhorse, no value tho,

The Honda will be the F2- 750-4 ,,, Bland , 4 Into 1 exhaust,, :eusa_snooty:

25030_0_1_4_kz1000ltd_BobKohnSantaBarbar

• Like 1

Great looking bikes John, I would have a Kwak Ltd any day of the week......as long as it sat aside my Bonnie and not instead of. And to keep it Yam related, I would love an xs650, and in fact I was thinking of swapping/selling my auld Triumph for one

Aye jim the XS650 is a lovely copy of a British twin.. :yeah:

Kawasaki made some fine looking bikes in the 1970"s and 80"s LTD"s are cheapish here was the illiminator ZL900 1985. I had one,

GPZ engine ,

">http://ELIMINATOR-900-01.jpg