Hello I have a yamaha xvs dragstar 125 and I'm having problems

dave19941
This post is 3422 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The problems I am having with the motorcycle is its struckling to start and is only firing on one cylinder but I took to a garage and they changed the spark plugs and cleaned the dirt out of the car and ran okay for three days and then it started lagging again what could be the problem

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The problems I am having with the motorcycle is its struckling to start and is only firing on one cylinder but I took to a garage and they changed the spark plugs and cleaned the dirt out of the car and ran okay for three days and then it started lagging again what could be the problem

shit in the car again

well go on then :)

I think I see the problem... :lol:

It's generally considered good manners, or forum 'Netiquette', to post an intro in the relevant section, before starting on the requests for help... especially when all you have done in this particular case is merely announce that there's an issue with your bike.

Think of it as walking into your local biker bar, where no-one knows you, and you just speak that exact same post in a loud voice...

The crew here are brilliant, friendly, helpful and knowledgable folk... but also mercilessly sarcastic toward 'One-Post Wonders', who generally come along expecting/demanding free solutions to bike issues and then vanish off without a word of thanks. It happens a lot.

This is a social community, so do the social thing - Pop up an intro post in the New Members section, tell us a bit about yourself and you'll find a far friendlier response!! :)

Okay well I apologise for that but if there is anyone having a problem simular to mine in the future I be happy to help them back as I say a biker always helps another bike I'm sorry if I have upset a few foke on here

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong - We help in spades... But like most Bikers, such things usually start with "Hello..." ;)

You will save a fortune if you can do it yourself, obviously rebores and such are an outsource item but most of the strip down and rebuild you can do in the garage or even on the side of the road if you have to. How low is your compression compared to the manual measurements?

With a bit of luck you may have to just change the piston rings and thats just a top end rebuild, the shit on the stick moment is if the barrels have worn away and you have to try and find replacement oneswhich is not easy nor would i think they are cheap.

If you can do it yourself then you will save loads of cash as the lads have said above, just take your time and read the manual word for word and don't rush it. If you need a manual i know someone who has one (wink wink)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online