Broadband , speed,

blackhat250
This post is 3497 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well fk me the speed has been .456mb for weeks, :icon_evil: I thought it was the weather or line probs,

So rained off today, contacted Sky, told them it was like dial-up. told them its new desk top windows8.1

, so they ran thru tests , and guided me to configure the wireless connection,

Hey presto -2.7mb download speed , :yay:

So don't just put up with crap service,, am in the sticks , no fibre broadband ,but what a difference, :yes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lol, i`m on virgin media, 150 mb/s I download with simething like 18-19 mb/s

You city slickers are spoilt :eusa_snooty:

lol, i`m on virgin media, 150 mb/s I download with simething like 18-19 mb/s

I take it this is the UP -load figure :rolleyes: ,, very impressive,,, your too newmee , The wiring Company"s have forgotten about us,,, -_-

4G here is cr4p on the phone though.

I'd swap internet speed for beautiful countryside John.

, when I lived in Devon we got told it's ready Tuesday (but not which Tuesday)

• Like 1

I had an old classic Citroen ami once (I loved that car). It was so slow in accelerating that instead of the speedo reading MPH it had days of the week.

• Like 1

0.5Mbps here.

Should be up for 300Mbps, but BT cannot get their heads out their arses enough.

I get anything between .3 and 6.5 Mbps. Fibre may be here by 2018. If enough of village register an interest!

Reading / Cambridgeshire ? I thought you"d be mega fast uploads ,,, :shrug:

I had Cambridge cable over 20 years ago. It changed to NTL and then Virgin.

I used to have Virgin here and was super fast when it worked. It started to play up so we moved to BT Vision thingie. Not as many TV channels and not as fast broadband but it has been rock solid and I can get to use the BT on the move fon thing.

Reading / Cambridgeshire ? I thought you"d be mega fast uploads ,,, :shrug:

UP-loads?

Nah, fuck that - This is 0.5Mbps DOWN-load speed, mate. My upload speed starts with a '0.0'!!

Fastest known download speed in Reading is 74Mbps off the FTTP connection that a friend of mine has.

Even if the area you are in has high speed connections, your ISP can throttle back the speed you actually get.

Also the internet is only as fast as the slowest part you are connecting through.

Very few devices get full speed through WiFi, to get the best speed you need to use a cable to the router.