sr 125 conking out when put in gear

jimbob sr125
This post is 3487 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i wonder if someone can help me i have an sr 125 L reg and on my ride home from work it cut out, as soon as i took it out of gear it started, put it into gear after a few"bad mood revs" and it conked... Same thing again so i then remove myself from a roundabout where it starts and i rode about 20 ft then cut out. and started Again in neutral. i dont have a sidestand switch on the bike i know that the hard way at 5am just left for work does anyone know of a problem fix for this?

regard jim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you check the connections that were made when the sidestand switch was removed

• Like 1

could be a lot of things start with the electrics as Andy said, could be fuel problem, vacuum maybe! could be fuel in your oil you could need a new spark plug

could need a new bike,

Yeh" clean the teminals, also remove plug cap , cut 10mm off H/T lead and screw cap back on,,, WD 40 every conection, esp that spaghetti mess your on about,,, take off the tape at weekend, and proper fix that,

'our jimmy'........awww thanks airhead, I've never been 'our' anything. It's usually 'that cnut jimmy' :icon_cool::icon_cool:

• Like 1

Does anyone know where to start to try find my sidestand wires ive soldered all the wires with tape and re taped cleaned the connections on the battery still same problem i was up until midnight last night trying to sort

I think the switch is to the front of the stand, but could be earthing anywhere. If you try and push the bike in gear, does it try and turn the engine? Does the rear wheel turn when not in gear? Just wondering if there may be something mechanical causing a stall.

I think the switch is to the front of the stand, but could be earthing anywhere. If you try and push the bike in gear, does it try and turn the engine? Does the rear wheel turn when not in gear? Just wondering if there may be something mechanical causing a stall.

Andrew I think his switch has been removed, can you tell him what colour the wires are on the switch?

Mine are black and oily!! I have tried to have a proper look but it's too dark and peeing down! The only decent light I have at the moment is on my phone and that's not waterproof. My led torch is on charge and I'll try again in a bit

It is simple either the 2 wires must be connected or not for the side stand switch saftey cutout to work if it has been removed

You might want to check the netural wire as well its blue.

Cant think of the colours offhand, but it will look like one wire running down the side of the frame towards the side stand (its actually 2 wires inside some heat shrink), and they will have been spliced together. If it was a botched job, ie connections snipped and the two wire taped together, then they will have corroded underneath the tape. Bare the wire back until you get to clean wire and solder the 2 wires together again.

Ok. Cleaned it up a bit - at the point where the wire meets the stand.

2f0160bc41496c442a53fdf1eda6d4de.jpg

I can't see what colour the wire is inside the black outer wire though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online