Mid-life crisis (again)

modamalondon
This post is 3511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everybody

After a few years not owning a Yamaha, I am back reunited with Y and loving it. As you can see from the title, I have a few riding years on me and the subsequent falls/scars (almost 30 years on bikes/quads and 8 different operations).

My first Yamaha was a XT600 for my 18th birthday and it was exhilarating and enjoyable. That was back to the time when you got the full driving licence with just passing an exam and insurers were more benign with young riders. From there, different bikes and quad followed as you can see in my signature.

I was biten by the Ducati thrill (twice) and when I recently sold my 1000SS, I thought what could be my next bike. Someone I know was willing to sell a Ducati M796 and I was tempted, but deep in my soul, I was feeling the need for the adrenaline rush that I experienced a few years ago when I rented an R6.

Good news is that as you grow older, insurers understand that we are no longer tyre kickers but just people enjoying the pleasure of riding a bike and I was surprised to be quoted less for a premium on R6 compared with the M796 or my previous 1000ss.

Yes, you can call it a mid-life crisis (I do not care, it is probably what it is) but I went for a blue R6 from 2006 and I love it.

Looking forward to see you around

Joan

PS I grew up in Barcelona and Joan is a guy's name, in case anyone think I am a girl, I am not. I guess my image avatar does not help, but I also like cats, hence the image.

Yamaha YZF R6
Ducati SuperSport 1000SS - sold
Ducati Monster M750 - sold
Suzuki GS500 - sold
Yamaha YFM 350 - sold
Yamaha XS400 - given to a friend as a present
Yamaha XT600 - sold

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Greetings, according to my youngest I got back to bikes because of an old age crisis, the true be told when he started riding I realized how much I missed it, so I got back in the saddle after giving up some 20 odd years earlier when we started a family, Now I ride purely for the pleasure. Enjoy and stay safe Joan.

• Like 1