Cafe Racer Yamaha TR1

gazandjen
This post is 3516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is that a NORTON tank ? Shades of Harley Davidson tank on a Yamaha, you gotta paint it or someone will be laughing or shouting at you !! :jossun:

PS I do like the look tho, very retro. Also I ain't seen clip-ons in YEARS.

Yes your right it is a very smart look to the bike and only joking about people laughing about it. As an old fart I can say that it is either a Norton or Triumph tank style from back in the day (1960s) it will make a few folks look twice when they see it. Nice Job. :jossun:

really nice looking bike, good job :headbang: who ever done the work on it before you had it well that was a mess.

I really like the tank, what does it say on it? can't quite make it out.

That's cos your OLD Tommy :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Nice job I love it I wouldn't paint the tank but I would pollish it and the eng cases forks ect I like shiney bits.

What did you do for a tail light I would have intergrated it to the seat. That type of conversion is getting quite popular was thinking of doing one this winter

I'm old to Tommy, never even noticed that there was no rear light DOH!

love the look and hats off to you, keep it scruffy so you ride it more regularly.

no polishing necessary

• Like 1

I did the same with my auld xs tank

2_zps7d209dc0.jpg

only mine was in the Triumph style

• Like 1

Bloody hell another TR1 :spin2: That means mine isn't the only one here any more :hyper:

Not a fan of cafe racers myself but I can appreciate a good job. And so much better than how it looked before.

That is really smart mate, if you look back at some old pictures of the Norton dominator racer you will see that you have more or less copied the tank decal from back in the day, a really neat job, one of the best Cafe racers I have seen in a long time, most are a right dog's dinner of odds and sod's and yours is just about perfect. :jossun:

hey Gaz watch out for the bizzie's if your going to put a black plate on, your bike isn't old enough to have one legally!!

they do look a lot better on that style of bike, but not worth the aggravation Imo.

the bizzie's have been getting a lot keener on number plates in my area especially on bike's

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online