My name's Bob and I'm a born again Yamaholic.....

This post is 3682 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks it's been thirty two years since my relationship with my 1977 DT125 came to an end and we split up and went our separate ways. I turned sixteen and had my head turned by a road legal Honda MB5 moped and my DT got a new partner who turned out to be evil and mistreated her badly. Over the years I often wondered about her and kept a photo of me and her together in better times but the void in my heart remained. I searched by registration number for her but found no trace so have to assume she has gone to that great enduro track in the sky. :bawling:

Sure i had other partners along the way but she was never far from my thoughts......If only i could turn back the clock!! Then out of the blue I came across an ad in a contact magazine for a beauty who was raised in Belgium before being brought to the UK to be sold to the highest bidder. She looked like my old DT from way back and on closer inspection I found she was in good shape with all her bits and pieces in the right places. Well let me tell you that this was love at first sight :love: (there was no emoticon for a man loving a DT125 or I would have used it!) The deal was done immediately and she came home with me in the van.

Born in 1977 she is the same age as my ex, she smells like my ex, walks like my ex and talks like my ex. She has rolled back the years and made me feel young and alive again. I have contacted the authorities to get her citizenship to the UK so that we can wander green lanes hand in handlebar and feel the wind in our hair/air filter.

I just want to talk about her and learn about her so I never make the same mistake that I made all those years ago and while I still feel bad about what happened, I know I have been given a second chance at happiness and I'm not going to let it go this time.

This is a true story and none of the names or places have been changed to protect the innocent.

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A warm welcome to the forum. What a great intro. There are lots of lovers of the more "mature" first loves I the forum.

No worries. Check out the annual meet up which is pinned at the top of the events ride out section. A 2 strokers dream.

Wicked intro!!

Welcome :)

Pass the tissues LOL welcome on

Welcome to the YOC mate, always nice to meet new folks and your intro was fun to read, brought a tear to my eye, trouble is if I want my old bike back I'm going to have to visit a museum, this getting old lark is a pain. :jossun:

Brilliant intro. Welcome!

And I thought I was sad. No really I enjoyed the intro v.much. Welcome in.. :thumb:

:welcome::crylaugh:

Love it! Congrats on your new-found (yet familiar) love affair! Welcome aboard. :wavey:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online