Yamaha DT250 MX 1977

blackhat250
This post is 3690 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well its a Yam for me at squires this year,,, it will be an all blue afair with Pauls DT175 -Foamys DT50.

Got it from rick brett,[ el-presidente of triples club] He imports containers [ triples], and fills them of good clean bikes, :yeah: to make up the load,,,, heres me picking it up from Orkney member Les , at Dunkeld woods on A9 , as he was heading north,

JohnsDT4001.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cudna resist it, Its a 6,300 mile bike , has the Title[ logbook] N.O.V.A cert, got it home , Turned on fuel tap,[ usa gas still in it] been in container for ,months, 3rd kick and she started, :spin2: Sounds great , slight rattle .[ was smallend ] . All lights work /horn . turn signals missing but all wires present and power to them, , The Exhaust is like new ,

Got her stripped, [great these rainy days] Now "its on a Wiseco 2.00mm overbored. Small end was goosed, Now" its a 1M1- 1977.

Model, engine is 2N6 = 1979 F model [ cdi] but its got points,,, :eusa_think: . so either the casings have been shifted or the 2N6 engine had no ignition , and the"ve fitted the 1M1 points,,, ,, any way she starts good, had run down drive , and all gears good,

So , shes stripped for a minor resto, :rolleyes:

DT250Resto002.jpg

Erm " quote me , i canna mind,,, Started building it back together, new fork seals, sprockets chain, small end. painted the exhaust, not a bit of rust on these American bikes,

DT250Resto004.jpg

Well done with the purchase, nice clean bike and a nicer colour than the US yellow model, should look nice when its done.

I may have some handlebar indicators about , no brackets though.

TTB

Thank for the offer tommy" got aftermarket , started rebuilding her again, freed the piston rings, new smallend bearing, upped front sprocket to 15 /47, had 14 on it ,,, new chain , Got a tail light bracket :spin2: , from germany, so rare on fleabay,,, its an XT250 . fork seals done,, gona put in new points and condenser, Check timing , as she can kickback, it actually bend the kickstart,,the bastrd :madflame:

Maybe my DT125 aswell (blue) at squires.

Great choice of bike blackhat

Ok" been lots of rainy day"s so that = Shed days, :yeah: , Shes on the rebuild now, small end replaced,

barrel & head painted, new bars -turn signals[ thats my usa accent] :rolleyes: , carb cleaned - new back light bracket,[ rare] All electrics work, nothing was chopped. new points, cables, i painted rear &front fender , as were faded by sun[ we dont have the problem -_- ] . the tank decals were scraped .[ possibly in container] but i"v touched them in ,as photo shows , looks ok, its a rider ,not concours, just tyres to fit

then M.OT. and register, not bad as only got it in feb, :icon_cool:

MXresto002.jpg

MXresto003.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow! Very nice bikes - both of them! And you've made such quick work of the blue one! :hail:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online