Bringing Her Back to Life

rzresurection
This post is 3481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I used to do paintless dent removal for a little while with my brother-in-law, did lots of hail dent fixing.... gas tanks are a bitch to fix but they can be done with glue tabs and a puller. Put a glue a tab on with hot glue, use the puller until the tab comes off...repeat until dent is gone.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They dont give up do they.

The tank has been done with por15. Pull the dent, destroy the coating.

Looking good though,

Looking good though,

They all have good intentions and are willing to help. I appreciate that.

Like you said - don't mess with the coating.

Thanks for the compliment Cynic.

Looking good though,

Was merely stating another method for removing a gas tank dent, in case anyone else was curious that came across this thread.

Stripes are gonna look sweet, just need to move them down a tad so they won't get cut off at the seat!

• 2 weeks later...

It was a little cold and to humid today for garage painting,let it set up for 24hrs and tomorrow or sunday when we are suposed to get into the high teens,,when the temp goes up the paint will flow better. Also make sure the parts are at the right temp/same temp or you will see the difference in each part.Always best to paint all the parts at the same time

If your rattle can painting then make sure you get more than enough paint at the same time from the same store as different batches of paint dont blend well,Black not normaly so much of a problem but I have seen different shades of black from the same company.

I have to get a new sticker for the bike forgot to do it and yesterday was my birthday,but the local office is open tomorrow till noon so might make a run up on sunday

It was a little cold and to humid today for garage painting,let it set up for 24hrs and tomorrow or sunday when we are suposed to get into the high teens,,when the temp goes up the paint will flow better. Also make sure the parts are at the right temp/same temp or you will see the difference in each part.Always best to paint all the parts at the same time

If your rattle can painting then make sure you get more than enough paint at the same time from the same store as different batches of paint dont blend well,Black not normaly so much of a problem but I have seen different shades of black from the same company.

I have to get a new sticker for the bike forgot to do it and yesterday was my birthday,but the local office is open tomorrow till noon so might make a run up on sunday

I think the conditions for painting were considerably less than optimal.

I knocked all the gloss down and now have some more paint. Today is supposed to be in the 20's, so it should be ok for painting.

You are right about the paint batches. Same goes for buying carpet or anything that is made in batches. There are always batch variations. Sometimes they are quite noticeable.

Happy belated BDay!

You are right about the paint batches. Same goes for buying carpet or anything that is made in batches. There are always batch variations. Sometimes they are quite noticeable.

Where are the carpets going on your bike :eusa_think::eusa_think:

LOL get the deep shag carpet and then do the old lady on it,,,, then it will have double meaning HAHAHAHA

LOL get the deep shag carpet and then do the old lady on it,,,, then it will have double meaning HAHAHAHA

Ewww, round my part of the world 'The old lady and the old man' are your mum and dad....

I've had a chance to re-paint the tank and fenders now. 10000x better. I've knocked down the gloss on the black paint - I used gloss black and have done 2 part clear gloss that I will finish with.

I've added another layer of glass to my fairing and now trimmed out. Just need to sand the surface of the fairing, do some minor patching, sand more, prime and paint.

These arrived today.

ny8yhubu.jpg

They will be used to switch power to my rear indicators.

qy5yhy8u.jpg

puda7y9a.jpg

u2ume2av.jpg

evevu5uv.jpg

eby7umaq.jpg

sagezyda.jpg