neutral switch not illuminating

madrevs
This post is 3808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right sorry onto the next fault ive found the neutral light doesnt work.tried changing the bulb with no luck.there is a blue wire that comes from the switch to a connector block near thw rad.that is reading 0.10 volts regardless of whether ignition is on or off it is also reading same voltage at bulb holder does this mean its the switch thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Madrevs,,, your bike needs a good tidying, me-thinks

Sit on bike and start her up, neutral gear, put down the side stand, clutch in and select 1st gear,,,,,,, The bike should stall straight away,,,if it doesn't then the neutral switch down at the side stand is fooked or disconnected. If the bike does stall then your wires to the bulb are goosed up,,,,,,,,,,,, I cant help with wires or electrical thingieeeeeees

Its a dtr 125 2003 dont known model code though

Code should be under the seat somewhere, if still there, take seat off for a look,,,, mine is just wrote on a sticker that's stuck to the frame.

If you disconnect the blue wire from the neutral switch near the front sprocket, turn the ignition on and touch the blue wire to the alloy engine case does the neutral light come on ? If it does it sounds like there is a problem with the neutral switch. If the light doesn't come on you have a problem with the wiring or bulb/bulb holder.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes its telling you the bulb works. Hardly effective as it goes.

Yes its telling you the bulb works. Hardly effective as it goes.

:babyha: Go on jase " tell us again,,, :crylaugh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online