Dt125r bogging at 6k revs help please?

Dt rich
This post is 3787 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pinned open but pushes out I mean literally pushes out of the side of the barrel only a tiny bit but only does it when it is bogging out ad I want to set it up but I need the little plastic pulley that goes on the end of the power valve then I can do it got servo cover cables and all wires are on the bike

It is pinned open but pushes out I mean literally pushes out of the side of the barrel only a tiny bit but only does it when it is bogging out ad I want to set it up but I need the little plastic pulley that goes on the end of the power valve then I can do it got servo cover cables and all wires are on the bike

Is there any leakage past the PV? I don't think it should move like that!

Is there any leakage past the PV? I don't think it should move like that!

Nope no oil or anything else leaking its all lined up properly aswell ill try get it on a video later and post it :)

Been following and this is looking like a fault the the electrical system,try by passing the ignition switch and dash. disconnect the kill switch,lastly try the wiggel test,that is to wiggel wires related to the ignition circut.I would guess you have derestricted the bike so look closely at that wireing

You say you changed the stator but did you try changing the pick up coil.

The power valve moving left or right in the exhaust port wouldn`t cause enough blockage to cause this problem,and pined open should matter at 6k rpm it would be open anyways.

Hey no I haven't changed the pick up as its fairly new any way I have wiggled all the wires and put a new ignition on I'm pretty sure it's electrical problem aswell ill try another pick up when te rain goes away.

I have checked wireing it is in a bit if a mess but no wires broke or pinched except a brown one that goes in To the headlight not to clued up with elecs tho but I see that broken before It started this problem.

And I did not think the power valve would corse that much trouble as only moving about a mil or 2 thanks for clearing that up

To put a feeling to it feels like your running with the choke on (which I'm not)

Nope ignition pick up did not change a thing :(

Did not put it in the shop as they would not do me a deal on labour prices and I'm not paying 65 pound a hour

Any one know any mobile mechanics in Kent who will not chare crazy prices? And who has a good bit of experience? Even If you no a friend who is a good mechanic I will pay then If they could do it

Quick update still no luck changed clocks changed ignition disconnected ever plug and cleaned then and water protected them

Going to go for a top end strip and have a little look as my spark plugs have just started failing and no adjustment to jets or carb changes it and there is no air leaks

Tell us about the powervalve again, what shape is it on the end where the pulley fits to it...diamond or sort of oval ?

when the 'U' cutout in the pulley aligns with the 4mm blind hole behind it...how does the pv sit in the top of the exhaust port at this time?

Reason I'm asking is, unless it is perfectly flush with the top of the port you will get the syptoms you describe

It is sort of oval and I don't have pulley on it previouse owner took everything to do with power valve off except the power valve it's self

I have took exhaust of and got it flush with the top off the exhaust port but stil have same problem

Need it fixed before snow gets here so my snow tyres can come outs to play hehe

I just took it for a little ride up the road and on the tiniest bit of throttle it was ok not brilliant but better and anything over that not even a third of a turn and it starts struggling don't no if that could enlighten anything not struggling but what it does on the video posted before cheers all for your help just hope I can get it sorted soon

I have just put a new needle in it straight from yambits so genuine part all looked the same as the one I took out and I have tried 3 carbs all done same thing so not a worn jet will still check them all tomoro just incase ill also play around with the needle settings would that help my problem at all?

I have red some where that when people say top notch they mean with the needle pointing to the sky then on the top notch so flip it over the way it goes in the carb will make it the bottom notch it's just some thing I have red before does that explain well enoght not sure how to word it think that sound okay lol

Okay I did have to read it a few times when I saw it lol thanks for clearing that up at the moment it is on the 2nd from the bottom should I jut put it straight to the top or do one notch at a time i think there's 4 or 5 notches

Is the snorkel on inside the air box,,,if not put it on.

Is the air filter new or at least good and is the rubber ok and sealing on the face of the air box cover.

My bike will red-line if I want it too,,,,,but if I take off the snorkel or in anyway give the bike more air the bike will bog just past half throttle

You say you have changed the clocks,,,,,,,, you need to make sure the reed switch inside the clocks is take out (not cut) and taped up, then put clocks back togeather

I think your carb settings aren't right yet,,,,,, is this a flat sided carb ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online